Problems with adding components

Hello!
I can't add components! I think it's a problem with a 3:rd part component
but I don't know how to get rid of it. When I select "Install Component" or
"Import ActiveX Control" from the Component menu I get the error "Error
reading PropSheets->PropertySheets: Invalid stream format.". I really have
to add components and I don't have time to delete the CBuilder folder and
reinstall the program. Please help!

I think it's very bad that Borland allow 3:rd part components to crash the
IDE like this. :(

Thanks for your help

/regards Marcus

Re:Problems with adding components

Damn, I deleted the CBuilder folder and reinstalled Builder. But it didn't
help. I don't know what to do. HELP!

"Marcus" <mest...@hem.passagen.se> wrote in message news:38f3511c@dnews...
> Hello!
> I can't add components! I think it's a problem with a 3:rd part component
> but I don't know how to get rid of it. When I select "Install Component"
or
> "Import ActiveX Control" from the Component menu I get the error "Error
> reading PropSheets->PropertySheets: Invalid stream format.". I really have
> to add components and I don't have time to delete the CBuilder folder and
> reinstall the program. Please help!

> I think it's very bad that Borland allow 3:rd part components to crash the
> IDE like this. :(

> Thanks for your help

> /regards Marcus

Re:Problems with adding components

Marcus wrote...
>I think it's very bad that Borland allow 3:rd part components to crash the
>IDE like this. :(

It's the only possible way to have (active) components that run in the
IDE. Otherwise your property changes wouldn't show in the designer at
all, which would be like old style dialog box programming again.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Re:Problems with adding components

TRy uninstalling BCB and deleting the remaining files in the folder.  It is
possible that something is renaming behind in the registry.

Marcus wrote:

> Damn, I deleted the CBuilder folder and reinstalled Builder. But it didn't
> help. I don't know what to do. HELP!

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Other Threads