IDE exceptions

I've been running BCB4 with the update for about 6 months now. At
this point, whenever I shut down the IDE I get a series of exception
message boxes complaining about the inability to read or write memory.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

  thanks,
    ++PLS

Re:IDE exceptions

: Paul Schauble <p...@thekeep.com> wrote:

>I've been running BCB4 with the update for about 6 months now. At
>this point, whenever I shut down the IDE I get a series of exception
>message boxes complaining about the inability to read or write memory.

>Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Please uninstall the third-party component(s) or experts that are
responsible for this.

Re:IDE exceptions

Paul Schauble wrote:

> I've been running BCB4 with the update for about 6 months now. At
> this point, whenever I shut down the IDE I get a series of exception
> message boxes complaining about the inability to read or write memory.

> Is there a fix or workaround for this?

>   thanks,
>     ++PLS

I get that just as often if I dock the ClassExplorer to anything but the
editor.  If I keep the ClassExplorer docked on the editor, I almost never get
this.  Maybe not the problem you have, but it's a suggestion.

Joshua D. Bush -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- The Scarlet Pumpkin

Re:IDE exceptions

Try run C++ Builder with switch -ns or /ns (no splash)
Good luck!
Paul Schauble wrote:
> I've been running BCB4 with the update for about 6 months now. At
> this point, whenever I shut down the IDE I get a series of exception
> message boxes complaining about the inability to read or write memory.

> Is there a fix or workaround for this?

>   thanks,
>     ++PLS

Re:IDE exceptions

By George, he's got it!!

I had been docking the Project Manager in the same space occupied by
the Class Explorer, along with the Messages so that all three show up
as tabs within a single panel.

I tried leaving the Project Manager on the desktop and the Messages
at the bottom. I haven't had a exception from the IDE all day.

I need to file a bug report on this.

  Thank you,
    ++PLS

Joshua Bush wrote:

> I get that just as often if I dock the ClassExplorer to anything but the
> editor.  If I keep the ClassExplorer docked on the editor, I almost never get
> this.  Maybe not the problem you have, but it's a suggestion.

> Joshua D. Bush -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- The Scarlet Pumpkin

Re:IDE exceptions

There are none.

    ++PLS

"Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:

> : Paul Schauble <p...@thekeep.com> wrote:

> >I've been running BCB4 with the update for about 6 months now. At
> >this point, whenever I shut down the IDE I get a series of exception
> >message boxes complaining about the inability to read or write memory.

> >Is there a fix or workaround for this?

> Please uninstall the third-party component(s) or experts that are
> responsible for this.

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
> Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Other Threads