Abort, Retry, Fail?

I used 'Save as' to copy a file to a floppy.

Since then, BCB will not fire up the project unless there is a disk in
the 'A' drive.  It doesn't have to have a file in it; BCB seems quite
happy with a blank disk, but it is a hassle.  How do I get rid of this?

In hopeful anticipation of relief, I am,

Truly thankful,

Michael Lockey

Re:Abort, Retry, Fail?

Michael
Try to look at  the project's source and
makefile (with View menu in Bcb3 for example)
Search for "A:". If you find it, delete the thing.
HTH
Gerard

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:57:50 -0700, Michael Lockey

<mloc...@hartlepool.com> wrote:
>I used 'Save as' to copy a file to a floppy.

>Since then, BCB will not fire up the project unless there is a disk in
>the 'A' drive.  It doesn't have to have a file in it; BCB seems quite
>happy with a blank disk, but it is a hassle.  How do I get rid of this?

<snip>

Re:Abort, Retry, Fail?

When you 'Save As' a file, it renames the file in the project to the new
name. Quite useful for renaming project files, but a pain when trying to use
it as a backup facility as I guess you did. I copy my files to floppy using
explorer and don't use BCB for this.

Rgds Pete

>> remove nospam to get real e-mail address <<

Project Leader:Digital Live Sound, Soundcraft Electronics
Home: pete.fra...@frasersoft.clara.n.o.s.p.a.m.net
Work: pete.fra...@soundcraft.nospam.com
WWW: http://home.clara.net/frasersoft
Michael Lockey wrote in message <35B6ECFE.55E22...@hartlepool.com>...
>I used 'Save as' to copy a file to a floppy.

>Since then, BCB will not fire up the project unless there is a disk in
>the 'A' drive.  It doesn't have to have a file in it; BCB seems quite
>happy with a blank disk, but it is a hassle.  How do I get rid of this?

>In hopeful anticipation of relief, I am,

>Truly thankful,

>Michael Lockey

Re:Abort, Retry, Fail?

<mloc...@hartlepool.com> wrote:
>I used 'Save as' to copy a file to a floppy.

>Since then, BCB will not fire up the project unless there is a disk in
>the 'A' drive.  It doesn't have to have a file in it; BCB seems quite
>happy with a blank disk, but it is a hassle.  How do I get rid of this?

Well,  a simple solution to this would be to start a new project,
then exit the IDE.  This should save your desktop settings to those of
a new project rather than the one which points to the floppy disk.

It sounds as though you may have also changed the check-box setting
which instructs the IDE to save the desktop/editor settings when you
exit.  I have the checkbox set to save those settings,  and when I
enter the IDE,  it re-opens the last open project.  If that project is
pointed to the A: disk,  or if I have my icon set with the "Start In"
property set for A:,  then I get the same results as you...

Other Threads