Form1->Print (); doesnt

Hi folks,
  I have just installed BCB 4.0 on a new system.  I don't know if there
is some setting I have to change, but the Print () command prints a
blank form.  I created a real simple form with a couple of labels and a
button.  The button event handler has only the Form1->Print();.
  Help
Kerry

Re:Form1->Print (); doesnt

>> Form1->Print (); doesnt

A quote from my friend and former colleague Anders Hejlsberg,
(the former Chief Architect of Delphi) says it all:

*TPrinter Doesn't*

If you need a reliable fix, take a look at the one
and only TExcellentFormPrinter:

http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht/prnform.htm

Joe

Re:Form1->Print (); doesnt

Hi Joe,
  I agree, your TExcellentFormPrinter is realy cool, my problem is
deeper than this.  I can't even print a simple form from my new
machine.  I just get a blank page.  The same form prints from my old
system.

Kerry

"Joe C. Hecht" wrote:

> >> Form1->Print (); doesnt

> A quote from my friend and former colleague Anders Hejlsberg,
> (the former Chief Architect of Delphi) says it all:

> *TPrinter Doesn't*

> If you need a reliable fix, take a look at the one
> and only TExcellentFormPrinter:

> http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht/prnform.htm

> Joe

Re:Form1->Print (); doesnt

Problem solved.  I forgot to load the patches.
Kerry
Kerry Culligan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>   I have just installed BCB 4.0 on a new system.  I don't know if there
> is some setting I have to change, but the Print () command prints a
> blank form.  I created a real simple form with a couple of labels and a
> button.  The button event handler has only the Form1->Print();.
>   Help
> Kerry

Re:Form1->Print (); doesnt

Adding the Patches didn't help.  Looks like it is a windows 98 issue.
Program compiled on my old system prints on old system.  Exec run from
new system PRINTS.  Program compiled on my new system won't print on
either system.  Very interesting.
Any suggestions?
Kerry
Kerry Culligan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>   I have just installed BCB 4.0 on a new system.  I don't know if there
> is some setting I have to change, but the Print () command prints a
> blank form.  I created a real simple form with a couple of labels and a
> button.  The button event handler has only the Form1->Print();.
>   Help
> Kerry

Re:Form1->Print (); doesnt

This solution is brought to you by Joe Hecht's TExcellent products,
solving Form.Print and bitmap printing problems. Joe Hecht's TExcellent
products can be found at: http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht

I am glad it fiixed the problem on your machine. Be aware that
this will not fix the problem on any machines that you might deploy to.

Joe

> Problem solved.  I forgot to load the patches.
> Kerry

> Kerry Culligan wrote:

> > Hi folks,
> >   I have just installed BCB 4.0 on a new system.  I don't know if there
> > is some setting I have to change, but the Print () command prints a
> > blank form.  I created a real simple form with a couple of labels and a
> > button.  The button event handler has only the Form1->Print();.
> >   Help
> > Kerry

Other Threads