Using the VCL in a DLL

I have tried several ways to get a form in a DLL. I did finally get the form in the DLL but could not modify any of the components
on the form. Also, my DLL contains functions that access variables in the main app. Things are getting kinda hairy!

I followed the example that came with BCB5 and also one in TI #20165 but to no avail!

What I want is a complete and detailed discussion of how to create the DLL with a form (VCL) in it that interacts with the main app.

Please....anyone?

--Sam Grant

Re:Using the VCL in a DLL

How do you want to link your dlls with main app?, statically or dynamically?

Samuel Grant wrote:
> I have tried several ways to get a form in a DLL. I did finally get the form in the DLL but could not modify any of the components
> on the form. Also, my DLL contains functions that access variables in the main app. Things are getting kinda hairy!

> I followed the example that came with BCB5 and also one in TI #20165 but to no avail!

> What I want is a complete and detailed discussion of how to create the DLL with a form (VCL) in it that interacts with the main app.

> Please....anyone?

> --Sam Grant

  parikosh.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Using the VCL in a DLL

I usually do it dynamically - using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress. My biggest problem is getting the DLL (functions within the DLL)
to access stuff (forms, components, variables) in the main app.

--Sam Grant

PD <parik...@1nol.com> wrote:
>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.>--------------CE4C5E988D6CEE3CDE9A9C78

>How do you want to link your dlls with main app?, statically or dynamically?

>Samuel Grant wrote:

>> I have tried several ways to get a form in a DLL. I did finally get the form in the DLL but could not modify any of the components
>> on the form. Also, my DLL contains functions that access variables in the main app. Things are getting kinda hairy!

>> I followed the example that came with BCB5 and also one in TI #20165 but to no avail!

>> What I want is a complete and detailed discussion of how to create the DLL with a form (VCL) in it that interacts with the main app.

>> Please....anyone?

>> --Sam Grant

>--------------CE4C5E988D6CEE3CDE9A9C78

>begin:vcard
>n:D;Parikosh
>tel;home:704 6439925
>tel;work:704 3833352
>x-mozilla-html:FALSE
>adr:;;;;;;
>version:2.1
>email;internet:parik...@yahoo.com
>fn:Parikosh
>end:vcard

>--------------CE4C5E988D6CEE3CDE9A9C78--

Re:Using the VCL in a DLL

How do you export the form/functions?, are you using PACKAGE to export
forms/vcl components?, your function name may be mangled.

Samuel Grant wrote:
> I usually do it dynamically - using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress. My biggest problem is getting the DLL (functions within the DLL)
> to access stuff (forms, components, variables) in the main app.

> --Sam Grant

> PD <parik...@1nol.com> wrote:
> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.>--------------CE4C5E988D6CEE3CDE9A9C78

> >How do you want to link your dlls with main app?, statically or dynamically?

> >Samuel Grant wrote:

> >> I have tried several ways to get a form in a DLL. I did finally get the form in the DLL but could not modify any of the components
> >> on the form. Also, my DLL contains functions that access variables in the main app. Things are getting kinda hairy!

> >> I followed the example that came with BCB5 and also one in TI #20165 but to no avail!

> >> What I want is a complete and detailed discussion of how to create the DLL with a form (VCL) in it that interacts with the main app.

> >> Please....anyone?

> >> --Sam Grant

> >--------------CE4C5E988D6CEE3CDE9A9C78

> >begin:vcard