Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

No, I created it NEW.  Every project I create does this.  Only projects I
did not create (they were created by someone else), have ilink32.

- Dennis

"Robert Low" <lo...@acm.org> wrote in message

> Dennis Jones wrote:

> > When I create a new project, the .BPR file has a line that says,

> > <LINKER value="tlink32"/>

> Did you recently migrate a project from BC++ 5.0x??

> Delete the .dsk file in \bin and in your project directory. Open your
> .bpr file in notepad, (if you don't have a decent editor) and change
> it to "ilink32"

> Delete your .obj files, .tds, all the usual suspects -- rebuild.

> That should do it.

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

As per one suggestion, I removed the cbuilder5\bin\bcb.dsk file, but that
did not help.  All new projects I create get tlink32.

I should also point out that building the project in the IDE does not fail
because of this!  Why?  I don't know...it should because I no longer have a
tlink32.exe (there used to be one in my BC 5.02 directory).  Furthermore,
running bpr2mak on the .bpr creates a new .MAK file, and it has ilink32!

It just keeps getting more and more bizarre...

- Dennis

Dennis Jones wrote:

> As per one suggestion, I removed the cbuilder5\bin\bcb.dsk file, but that
> did not help.  All new projects I create get tlink32.

> I should also point out that building the project in the IDE does not fail
> because of this!  Why?  I don't know...it should because I no longer have a
> tlink32.exe (there used to be one in my BC 5.02 directory).  Furthermore,
> running bpr2mak on the .bpr creates a new .MAK file, and it has ilink32!

> It just keeps getting more and more bizarre...

Hummm. Well, what's happening is one of your default file templates is
screwed up.

One last gasp, then someone who knows this stuff is going to have to
chime in. Start a new project -- save all under some name. Close BCB,
open the .bpr in notepad or some other editor (must save as ascii
text, is the criterion) and make the change. Reopen BCB and the .bpr.
Check that the changes carried in. Somewhere there is a check box that
allows you to save the current .bpr as default.

HTH

Bob

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

Ah ha!  Changing the default.bpr did the trick.  Now how did THAT get
changed!?!?  I must have done it late one night when my brain had already
gone to bed.

I never have any trouble building, so apparently the IDE ignores the LINKER
setting and just uses ilink32.  bpr2mak always writes LINKER as ilink32, so
I guess the question is, why is the LINKER setting even there at all?  None
of the Borland tools seem to care about it.

Thanks!

- Dennis

"Duane Hebert" <du...@nitrex.com> wrote in message news:3ab26c5e_1@dnews...

> ">
> > One last gasp, then someone who knows this stuff is going to have to
> > chime in. Start a new project -- save all under some name. Close BCB,
> > open the .bpr in notepad or some other editor (must save as ascii
> > text, is the criterion) and make the change. Reopen BCB and the .bpr.
> > Check that the changes carried in. Somewhere there is a check box that
> > allows you to save the current .bpr as default.

> > HTH

> We have the same problem here.  I edited my bpr file and changed it to
> ilink, reloaded, opened the source and it was ok.  I went to
> tools|repository and followed the help information for setting a default
> project  (help|index|default) and we'll see if it sticks on the next new
> project.  I don't have time right now to check that.

> Funny thing is that tlink is not in my path.  I have bcc5.02 also
installed
> but I set paths when I use it.  How is this working?  Does it try to find
> that linker, fail and use the default?

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

">

> One last gasp, then someone who knows this stuff is going to have to
> chime in. Start a new project -- save all under some name. Close BCB,
> open the .bpr in notepad or some other editor (must save as ascii
> text, is the criterion) and make the change. Reopen BCB and the .bpr.
> Check that the changes carried in. Somewhere there is a check box that
> allows you to save the current .bpr as default.

> HTH

We have the same problem here.  I edited my bpr file and changed it to
ilink, reloaded, opened the source and it was ok.  I went to
tools|repository and followed the help information for setting a default
project  (help|index|default) and we'll see if it sticks on the next new
project.  I don't have time right now to check that.

Funny thing is that tlink is not in my path.  I have bcc5.02 also installed
but I set paths when I use it.  How is this working?  Does it try to find
that linker, fail and use the default?

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

Duane Hebert wrote:

< snip >

> Funny thing is that tlink is not in my path.  I have bcc5.02 also installed
> but I set paths when I use it.  How is this working?  Does it try to find
> that linker, fail and use the default?

Given your experiences, that's likely. It is some weird mishmash,
where what got compiled before effects what you are doing now. The
.bpr seems to act as the initial controller, then is modified by
several things, the longer you work on a project. -- So, every once in
awhile, you sort of have to clean house and start over. <sigh!>

Bob

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

When I create a new project, the .BPR file has a line that says,

<LINKER value="tlink32"/>

Why is it defaulting to the old BC5 linker, instead of ilink32?  I have some
other projects (that I did not create) that have instead:

<LINKER value="ilink32"/>

What's going on?

- Dennis

Re:Builder 5 IDE defaults to tlink32?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:53:04 -0800, "Dennis Jones"
<nos...@goeshere.com> wrote :

>When I create a new project, the .BPR file has a line that says,

><LINKER value="tlink32"/>

>Why is it defaulting to the old BC5 linker, instead of ilink32?  I have some
>other projects (that I did not create) that have instead:

><LINKER value="ilink32"/>

>What's going on?

Weird. I don't have any file called tlink32 on my (BCB5 pro) system.

--
Martin

What I say is not true; I never speak the truth.

Dennis Jones wrote:

> When I create a new project, the .BPR file has a line that says,

> <LINKER value="tlink32"/>

Did you recently migrate a project from BC++ 5.0x??

Delete the .dsk file in \bin and in your project directory. Open your
.bpr file in notepad, (if you don't have a decent editor) and change
it to "ilink32"

Delete your .obj files, .tds, all the usual suspects -- rebuild.

That should do it.

Other Threads