Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB in BCB5

Trying to compile a former BCB3-project in BCB5, I get the linker
error
  Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB
I can't find VCLE35 anywhere (and I suppose I don't need it).
How can I link correctly?

Thanks,

MR

Re:Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB in BCB5

MR wrote:

> Trying to compile a former BCB3-project in BCB5, I get the linker
> error
>   Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB
> I can't find VCLE35 anywhere (and I suppose I don't need it).
> How can I link correctly?

The easiest way, I think, is to start a brand-new project in BCB5. Add
the source files from the BCB3 project to it -- but none of the
project files! Now compile and go. This is almost always quicker and
less trouble than trying to 'convert' an old project. (BCB4 -> BCB5
conversion works, mostly ...)

HTH

Bob

Re:Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB in BCB5

Bob,

thanks for your answer.

I think I'll do that.

Anyway, I really would be interested where the link to VCLE35.LIB is
located.

Thanks,

MR

Re:Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB in BCB5

Hi,

Deleting all inetermediates should get rid of it
(.CSM, .#??, .TDS, OBJ, IL?). And maybe look for
subtler inclusions of intermeditates. e.g. if
you dropped a component you might have a:
#pragma link "someoldobj" in the source.

> Anyway, I really would be interested where the link to VCLE35.LIB is
> located.

grep'ing in the include directory shows this kind of
reference in some header files:

#pragma comment(lib, "vcle40.lib")

Conceivably, if your program was somehow including
headers from BCB3 (even indirectly) you might
still see the error. Also, maybe if your project
specified a pre-compiled header from BCB3 dirs?

--Craig

Re:Unable to open file VCLE35.LIB in BCB5

> Anyway, I really would be interested where the link to VCLE35.LIB is
> located.

It can also just be in the LIBS line of the project file. You can just edit
the make file and remove it.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
| Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
| http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside
of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Other Threads