right-click popup menu not showing

Hi all,

 Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated popup
menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
 Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and redo
all the steps. It worked after that.
 But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another
solution.

Claudiu

Re:right-click popup menu not showing

Hello Claudiu,

Do you maybe have multiple objects on top of one another?  For example, I
put a TLabel in the middle of a TShape.  When I thought I was clicking on
the TShape, I was actually clicking on the TLabel, and TLabel, by default,
does not have a Popup menu association.

OAK

"Claudiu Balciza" <cbalc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,

>  Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated
popup
> menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
>  Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and redo
> all the steps. It worked after that.
>  But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another
> solution.

> Claudiu

Re:right-click popup menu not showing

No, that's not the case.
The control is a RichEdit.

Claudiu

"OAK" <brandonDOTaucoinATwcomDOTcom> wrote in message

> Hello Claudiu,

> Do you maybe have multiple objects on top of one another?  For example, I
> put a TLabel in the middle of a TShape.  When I thought I was clicking on
> the TShape, I was actually clicking on the TLabel, and TLabel, by default,
> does not have a Popup menu association.

> OAK
> "Claudiu Balciza" <cbalc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,

> >  Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated
> popup
> > menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
> >  Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and
redo
> > all the steps. It worked after that.
> >  But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another
> > solution.

> > Claudiu

Re:right-click popup menu not showing

I hesitate to suggest this, but one of the properties of TRichMenu is
"popupmenu".  Do you have an entry in this property.  I frequently forget to
fill this in myself.

Bob

> Hi all,

>  Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated
popup
> menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
>  Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and redo
> all the steps. It worked after that.
>  But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another
> solution.

> Claudiu

Re:right-click popup menu not showing

:-)
well, it does happen to me too, but not this time.
Over a 2 months period it happened twice to lose the popup menu on a
RichEdit.
The weird thing is that if I restore an older backup and (re)apply all the
modifications it works.

Claudiu

"Robert Byers" <rby...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> I hesitate to suggest this, but one of the properties of TRichMenu is
> "popupmenu".  Do you have an entry in this property.  I frequently forget
> fill this in myself.

> Bob

> "Claudiu Balciza" <cbalc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,

> >  Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated
> popup
> > menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
> >  Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and
redo
> > all the steps. It worked after that.
> >  But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another
> > solution.

> > Claudiu

Re:right-click popup menu not showing

Have you intercepted the OnPopUp event for the PopUpMenu object, and stopped
the menu from popping up if it's a cold wet Thursday ...?
--
Mark Jacobs
Veteran BCB Developer

>  Do you have any idea why every now and then the rightclick associated
popup
> menu refuses to pop up? Or rather any solutions ?
>  Last time it happened I had to revert to a previous backup copy and redo
> all the steps. It worked after that.
>  But now there are too many things to be done and I would lik e another

solution.

Other Threads