Create modal child process?

2004-08-27 03:32:11 PM
cppbuilder9
Hi,
I have two application (processes), the first process start the second
process. I need a solution, that the user can't access the first (parent)
process, until the second process (child) was closed. The behaviour of the
child process should be like a modal dialog.
Regards,
GŁnter

Re:Create modal child process?

"GŁnter Wirth" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have two application (processes), the first process start the second
process. I need a solution, that the user can't access the first (parent)
process, until the second process (child) was closed. The behaviour of the
child process should be like a modal dialog.

How are you starting the second process? If you use one of the "spawn"
calls, check out the P_WAIT flag and see if it works for you.
- Roddy