Component Design-Time Debugging: MalformulatedURLException

2005-08-06 06:41:02 AM
cppbuilder48
Hello,
again I have that "old" problem - I'm trying to debug a component during
design-time as described in the article from Harold Howe "Debugging packages
and components within the C++Builder IDE" and others. I'm using C++Builder 5
prof.!
When I start the IDE as host process with my package, I get the following error
message: "Project bcb.exe raised exception class MalformulatedURLException with
message...". I'm using Win XP prof., and I tested it additionally on a note-
book with a basic OS installation and a new C++Builder installation without
any tools. Same problem. On the same notebook-type with WIN 2000 it worked last
year (not tested again today).
Same problem when I try to start remote-debugging on the WIN XP-PC/Notebook.
Any hint?
Thanks and greetings
Udo

Re:Component Design-Time Debugging: MalformulatedURLException

When I start the IDE as host process with my package, I get the
following error
message: "Project bcb.exe raised exception class
It is normal to see several exceptions at IDE startup when
under a de{*word*81}. You can just step past them. Depending
on the version you have, the de{*word*81} options offer the
ability to filter certain types of exceptions which may
help (e.g. you might be able to say "don't break" for certain
exceptions).
--Craig