BDS2006 c++ and Delpi parrallel (continued)

2006-01-12 07:38:18 PM
cppbuilder104
Hi all,
similar as Dmitry below I want to use a package both in C++ and Delphi
personality.
I followed the steps proposed by Jeff and made a built using
Linker->Linker output->'Generate all C++Builder files' .
Installing the package I see all the components in Delphi but not in C++
builder.
Checking the files built there are various *.dcu files the *.bpl file and a
*.lib file created in the output directory. This directory is also listed
under Tools->Options->C++ Options->Path and Directories->Search Path
What else can I do?
Regards Horst

Re:BDS2006 c++ and Delpi parrallel (continued)

Horst Reichert wrote:
What else can I do?
Have you installed the package before switching the "-JL" option?
If so, then you need to uninstall it completely, rebuild it, and
reinstall it. This is a known bug/feature of BDS 2006 where it does not
re read the type (ie dual or single mode) of the package everytime it is
rebuilt.

Re:BDS2006 c++ and Delpi parrallel (continued)

Have you installed the package before switching the "-JL" option?
If so, then you need to uninstall it completely, rebuild it, and reinstall
it.
I don' know what you mean with "-JL" but I think you meean the setting
Linker->Linker output->'Generate all C++Builder files'
I tried your proposal and removed the package, rebuilt, closed D2006 opened
again installed the package and created a new C++ Package.
The installed components are still not visible...
Regards Horst

{smallsort}

Re:BDS2006 c++ and Delpi parrallel (continued)

I'm also interested in the solution to this...
Regards,
MartinH.
Horst Reichert escribi?

Horst Reichert wrote:
>Have you installed the package before switching the "-JL" option?
>If so, then you need to uninstall it completely, rebuild it, and reinstall
>it.

I don' know what you mean with "-JL" but I think you meean the setting
Linker->Linker output->'Generate all C++Builder files'
Yes.
I tried your proposal and removed the package, rebuilt, closed D2006 opened
again installed the package and created a new C++ Package.
Nope, the method is uninstall, close, delete all related files, start,
change the option, rebuild and install. That should do it.

Re:BDS2006 c++ and Delpi parrallel (continued)

Nope, the method is uninstall, close, delete all related files, start,
change the option, rebuild and install. That should do it.
Thanks for the hint.
There seamed still some relicts in the "Borland Studio Projects\Bpl"
directory from older builds. I deleted them and followed your steps. Now
everything is OK.
Regards Horst