Re: XPTheme

2005-08-18 08:48:30 AM
cppbuilder88
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Reposted to the correct group <vbg>
~ JD

Re:Re: XPTheme

Does any one have some xp theming source that they'd like to
share?
~ JD

Re:Re: XPTheme

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does any one have some xp theming source that
they'd like to share?
Please elaborate.
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Re: XPTheme

Please elaborate.
I want to add Theming to a TStringGrid and TInplaceEdit
decendent where the grid draws it's headers themed and
the edit draws a themed ellipse, drop down and up/down
glyph.
I know that I need to check if XP and if theming is enabled
but haven't found any examples of anything to get me started.
~ JD

Re:Re: XPTheme

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I want to add Theming to a TStringGrid and TInplaceEdit
decendent where the grid draws it's headers themed and
the edit draws a themed ellipse, drop down and up/down
glyph.
Good luck. That would require essentially re-writing all of the
TStringGrid's drawing code from scratch. And believe me, TStringGrid has a
lot of custom drawing going on.
I know that I need to check if XP and if theming is enabled
but haven't found any examples of anything to get me started.
Then you aren't looking very hard. There is a whole chapter in MSDN that
shows how drawing code is supposed to take themes into account.
Using Windows XP Visual Styles
msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/userex/cookbook.asp
Look at the "Using Visual Styles with a Custom Control" section.
Gambit

Re:Re: XPTheme

Good luck. That would require essentially re-writing all of
the TStringGrid's drawing code from scratch. And believe me,
TStringGrid has a lot of custom drawing going on.
I'm really only concerned with the grid's fixed cells and
can't I handle that in it's DrawCell method?
As for the TInplaceEdit, I'm already drawing the glyphs using
DrawFrameControl so wouldn't that be more easily accomplished?
Then you aren't looking very hard. [...]
I hadn't seen this before but it would have been nice if
someone else had already digested it for me <g>.
~ JD

Re:Re: XPTheme

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
it would have been nice if someone else had already digested it for me
<g>.
Why? You don't learn anything that way.
Gambit

Re:Re: XPTheme

Why? You don't learn anything that way.
LOL. C'omoooooon! I don't need to know how to build a car to
drive one ;-)
I know you have what I want ... cough it up.
<stroke>
Besides, I'd learn alot more from your examples!
</stroke>
~ JD

Re:Re: XPTheme

So you want people to read it to you?
Don't hold your breath.
. Ed
news:4304f6cf$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ed Mulroy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

So you want people to read it to you?
All joking aside, I *never* ask for source and *always* share
mine (nonpropriatary). It's just that I have way too many
priorities that need to be accomplished and need a little help
to expidite.
Don't hold your breath.
If you cancel your post (and this one) maybe Gambit will
pretend that he hasn't seen them and take pitty on me <g>.
~ JD