A problem with sequence of routines in my program

2006-10-15 03:03:41 AM
cppbuilder38
Hello, I have a problem with the sequence of execution of
routines (functions) of my program and don't understand why it
occur or what is the origin of problem.
After I use a specific option of my program that open a specific
Form and go to a Speedbutton function, the logical sequence of
program (that must return to the main form) is altered by some
unknown problem and then the Form and the Speedbutton function
is executed again.
If I don't use this option the program works well without
any sequence problem and the control is returned to the main
Form as I expect it work.
Someone could give me ideas from where to search the problem.
Thank you,
pcerdaz

Re:A problem with sequence of routines in my program

pcerdaz wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with the sequence of execution of
routines (functions) of my program and don't understand why it
occur or what is the origin of problem.
Please post actual code that demonstrates your problem.
Post something less than 50 lines long
thanks
--
Liz
Please check the newsgroup guidelines and general netiquette

Re:A problem with sequence of routines in my program

On 14 Oct 2006 12:03:41 -0700, "pcerdaz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with the sequence of execution of
routines (functions) of my program and don't understand why it
occur or what is the origin of problem.
After I use a specific option of my program that open a specific
Form and go to a Speedbutton function, the logical sequence of
program (that must return to the main form) is altered by some
unknown problem and then the Form and the Speedbutton function
is executed again.
If I don't use this option the program works well without
any sequence problem and the control is returned to the main
Form as I expect it work.
Someone could give me ideas from where to search the problem.

Thank you,
pcerdaz
Does it happen in the de{*word*81}?
If so, then look at the call stack on the second occurrence. See if
something is there that looks suspicious.
Otherwise just throw in some instrumentation ot reveal where likely
calls are being made and track them using, mabe, outpubdebugsring(...)
.

{smallsort}

Re:A problem with sequence of routines in my program

Excuse me by the extensive description but the problem is hard
to describe. Also is very difficult for me the selection of
some code portion for explain the problem.
The problem is present also under Debug option; I will see the
call stack as you propose.
Thanks,
pcerdaz

On 16 Oct 2006 13:48:20 -0700, "pcerdaz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

Excuse me by the extensive description but the problem is hard
to describe. Also is very difficult for me the selection of
some code portion for explain the problem.

The problem is present also under Debug option; I will see the
call stack as you propose.

Thanks,
pcerdaz
<snip>
sounds like a memory overwrite problem if it is totally mysterious...
try turning on code guard if you have not already.
Regards,
Jeff
p.s. can you submit the application?

Re:A problem with sequence of routines in my program

Thank you Jeff,
I will try the code guard option. I can't send the application.
Regards,