files compression

2005-10-27 03:26:16 AM
cppbuilder0
Hello
I'm looking for a compression tool(low cost..for the moment!!), algorithm or
other to use with BCB6 because I try WinExec method to launch rar.exe and I
have error.
I have tried Createprocess too with WinRar and Rar but Createprocess is not
easy to use for me .
Or have you any idea?
I thank you in advance
Patrick

Re:files compression

componentace.com/
--
-Michael Gillen

Re:files compression

Thank you very much , but it is a little cheap for me for the moment.
I thank you again very much
Patrick
"Michael Gillen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le
message de news: 43603a0f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

componentace.com/

--
-Michael Gillen

{smallsort}

Re:files compression

Partaud wrote:
Hello
I'm looking for a compression tool(low cost..for the moment!!), algorithm or
other to use with BCB6 because I try WinExec method to launch rar.exe and I
have error.
I have tried Createprocess too with WinRar and Rar but Createprocess is not
easy to use for me .
Or have you any idea?
I thank you in advance
Patrick

Check out zlib at gailly.net/. With a little effort, it can be
compiled into a static library that can be used with C++Builder. I am
using an older version (1.0.9) that works well with C++Builder. It is free.
Danzer

Re:files compression

Just an alternate link to zLib
www.zlib.net/

Re:files compression

Check out zlib at gailly.net/. With a little effort, it can
be
compiled into a static library that can be used with C++Builder. I am
using an older version (1.0.9) that works well with C++Builder. It is
free.

Danzer
I didn't have much trouble either. There is a typedef called byte
somewhere that I put a scope resolution operator before to fix a
problem. Your version must be quite old now. Even the last version
fixed security flaws so you should update your library.
Fraser.

Re:files compression

You might try the Windows API function
::CreateFile(...) with dwFlagsAndAttributes = FILE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPRESSED
Also check out TurboPower's open source Abbrevia, available at
sourceforge.net.
Regards.
Greg