Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

2006-05-20 07:26:13 PM
cppbuilder47
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Changelog Version 1.72
=================
- Fixed: "&" was translated to AccelChar in the splash screen
- Fixed: "File not found filename.dcu" when compiling after using the
open/save dialog
- Fixed: SetCurrentDir had not worked with "\\computer\share\" and "X:\"
- Added: BDS 2006 CheckDuplicateUnits hook for all packages (hooks
function InitializePackage(Filename, ValidateCallback) )
- Added: Installer supports BCB 5 and 6.
Hi Andreas,
Firstly, many thanks for continuing to work on this very useful expert. When I use it as well as FastMM, there is an incredible speedup in Delphi 7.
FYI a problem has appeared with 1.72 that isn't present in 1.71. When exiting the D7 IDE (even without loading a project), there is a repeatable crash with "EOSError in module rtl70.bpl, System Error. Code: 1404, Invalid Hook handle".
I'll go back to 1.71 for the moment.
Cheers,
Andrew

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
What is DelphiSpeedUp.
Changelog Version 1.72
=================
- Fixed: "&" was translated to AccelChar in the splash screen
- Fixed: "File not found filename.dcu" when compiling after using the
open/save dialog
- Fixed: SetCurrentDir had not worked with "\\computer\share\" and "X:\"
- Added: BDS 2006 CheckDuplicateUnits hook for all packages (hooks
function InitializePackage(Filename, ValidateCallback) )
- Added: Installer supports BCB 5 and 6.

Hi all,
Forget last message - I had also installed the latest AnyDAC and this was what was causing the invalid hook error. All works fine with 1.72
Andrew

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Hello Andreas,
DelphiSpeedUp is a Delphi/BCB/BDS IDE plugin that decreases the time the
IDE needs to start. It also improves the general speed of the whole IDE
sounds to be another incredible tool from you! But when I try to install it
with InstallDelphiSpeedUp6.exe, i get "Invalid Delphi/BCB installation, no
RootDir in registry found". But I have a standard BCB6 Installation here,
also BDS 2006. Maybe I can add the registry entry manually, but where? Under
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0"?
And is Rootdir the main directory of BCB or /bin?
Greetings,
Harald

{smallsort}

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Hi,
Harald Plontke wrote:
sounds to be another incredible tool from you! But when I try to install
it with InstallDelphiSpeedUp6.exe, i get "Invalid Delphi/BCB installation,
no RootDir in registry found". But I have a standard BCB6 Installation
here, also BDS 2006. Maybe I can add the registry entry manually, but
where? Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0"?
And is Rootdir the main directory of BCB or /bin?
You could just download the source code and check for yourself...
It checks for the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\6.0
There it looks at the value of the "Rootdir" entry which should look
something like this:
C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi\6.0\
(I think, I don't have any Delphi 6 around to check. But you probably know
where it is installed on your computer.)
MfG
twm

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

I had the same problem when I tried to install 1.72 into Delphi 5, 1.71
installed fine. I checked that key,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0, and it was empty. I have
Delphi 4, 5, 6 & 7 installed and the only one that has the required info is
D 7.
Now if you got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Delphi all of the
keys 4.0, 5.0 etc. have RootDir info. Even after copying the RootDir info to
the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0 the installation of 1.72
still failed with the same error "No RootDir registry entry found". Went
back to 1.71 and works fine.

Don Patrick wrote:
Went back to 1.71 and works fine.
You can use the v1.71 installer to install v1.72. The file names and the
destination directory haven't changed since v1.5.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Hello Andreas,
But when I try to install it
with InstallDelphiSpeedUp6.exe, i get "Invalid Delphi/BCB installation, no
RootDir in registry found".
I searched again and found a RootDir entry, not as key, but as value under
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0". But the installer
doesn't work anyway. Could it be, that it only looks under "delphi"?
Greetings,
Harald

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Hello Andreas,
now I installed it manually (with install Packages) and it looks good.
Starting BCB went down from 31 to 16 sec. It seems there are more often
errors
at closing BCB, but with no further effects.
Greetings,
Harald

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Harald Plontke wrote:
now I installed it manually (with install Packages) and it looks good.
That's not the way the newer version (>1.3) should be installed. The
Loader.bpl must be added to the C++Builder\Known IDE Packages registry key
in HKCU. Otherwise the package will be unloaded but the hooks are not
removed. This results in access violations.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Hello Andreas,
Otherwise the package will be unloaded but the hooks are not
removed. This results in access violations.
maybe that's the reason for the access violations at ending BCB.
The Loader.bpl must be added to the C++Builder\Known IDE Packages registry
key
in HKCU.
I entered it, but the error remains.
Harald

Re:Re: DelphiSpeedUp 1.72

Harald Plontke wrote:
maybe that's the reason for the access violations at ending BCB.
BCB has other problems with ProjectGroups when you haven't saved the
active project before closing the IDE. (You have to start BCB within a
de{*word*81} to see the crash)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen