TVicLPT vcl how does it work ?

2005-05-16 02:26:56 PM
cppbuilder11
I have played with TVicLPT but the demo samples included and me playing with
code cannot seem to set tviclpt to use my 378h base address, i presume that
it supports xp and i must be doing something wrong, any solutions ?
Metro.

Re:TVicLPT vcl how does it work ?

Metro wrote:
I have played with TVicLPT but the demo samples included and me playing with
code cannot seem to set tviclpt to use my 378h base address, i presume that
it supports xp and i must be doing something wrong, any solutions ?

Metro.

I find Victor to be very responsive to e-mail inquiries:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Also, the component comes with examples that show how to set
it up. I find that it detects all working parallel ports and
it should find your 378h port (LPT1) with ease. It even finds
add-in card parallel ports at high addresses. Beware of ports
with conflicting addresses and interrupts. I've seen people
plugging in add-in parallel ports that conflict with existing
parallel ports.
Here is the order I set things up in TVicLPT:
VicLPT1->Active = 1; // activate the driver
if( VicLPT1->Active ) // must remain non-zero
{
// at this point, VicLPT1->NumLPTs will contain
// the number of ports TVicLPT has detected
VicLPT1->CurrentLPT = 1; // for LPT1 - for LPT2 use 2 etc
VicLPT1->Acquired = 1; // acquire this LPT port
if( VicLPT1->Acquired ) // must remain non-zero
{
VicLPT1->CurrentLptMode = LPT_PS2_MODE; // choose your mode
VicLPT1->MaskIrq(); // if you're not using interrupts
}
else
{
ShowMessage("Error acquiring LPT port");
}
}
else
{
ShowMessage("Error activating TVicLPT");
}
Good luck,
Jim Dodd
Onset Computer Corp.