Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

2007-04-14 02:15:38 AM
cppbuilder87
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Homepage and download:
andy.jgknet.de/dspeedup
Thanks for separating the downloads by Delphi version.
I also like the 7zip format and the ready link to 7zip on your web page.
This is what every site should do, just like they used to do with links
to Winzip.
Cool!!

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

I see the 7zip format as the better product. That is why I use it. And
to help to spread it over the world, I use it more often than the plain
old zip.
That's why I refuse to see any movie that is not available in Betamax
format. So much superior to VHS ;-)
Olivier

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Olivier Beltrami wrote:
That's why I refuse to see any movie that is not available in Betamax
format. So much superior to VHS ;-)
haha. For betamax you need hardware. For 7z you need software. It is
much easier to download a 7z compatible packer instead of buying a
betamax recorder/player
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Q <with a large SVHS collection ;->
I'm afraid your humour doesn't really translate :)
Ken

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Olivier,
| That's why I refuse to see any movie that is not available in Betamax
| format. So much superior to VHS ;-)
Uh,... DVD's have put VHS and Betamax to rest... long ago. ;-)
--
Q <with a large SVHS collection ;->
04/14/2007 12:22:38

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Q <with a large SVHS collection ;->
Really? I remember someone a decade ago raving about how great this would
be, but I have never once seen any SVHS stuff for sale or use, except that
cable.
Oliver Townshend

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Ken,
| I'm afraid your humour doesn't really translate :)
<g>That's OK,... 'cause it really isn't very funny. ;-)
04/14/2007 20:54:06
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Oliver,
| Really? I remember someone a decade ago raving about how great this
| would be, but I have never once seen any SVHS stuff for sale or use,
| except that cable.
Yes, really. <g>SVHS finally produced a picture essentially as good
as Betamax... two decades later. <g>And it can put six hours on on
casette.
Now,... I am still fretting over how to get my SVHS library onto DVD's
that my Sony 7000 will play. <sigh>
04/14/2007 20:54:46
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Nathanial Woolls wrote:
Maybe WinRAR? I converted to WinRAR from WinZip many years ago. It
supports all the formats WinZip does, plus RAR and 7zip, both of
which offer far superior compression over Zip.
And WinRAR was written using BCB to boot.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

"Q Correll" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Oliver,

| Really? I remember someone a decade ago raving about how great this
| would be, but I have never once seen any SVHS stuff for sale or use,
| except that cable.

Yes, really. <g>SVHS finally produced a picture essentially as good
as Betamax... two decades later. <g>And it can put six hours on on
casette.

Now,... I am still fretting over how to get my SVHS library onto DVD's
that my Sony 7000 will play. <sigh>

Way off-topic here... But check this out: I have one and love it.
Saves as MPEG4, 2, DIVX, etc. The encoder is built-in - so
relatively low CPU requirements. The software bundle includes
DVD authoring (although I don't love THAT).
www.plextor.com/english/products/TV402U.htm
EdB

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

I also like the 7zip format
why?

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Ed Dressel wrote:
>I also like the 7zip format

why?
For me, good compression and fast. Also never had any problems and
it's free.
--
Dean

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

edbored,
| Way off-topic here... But check this out:
Thanks! I've added that to my list of things to check out.
04/15/2007 07:59:59
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:Re: ANN: DelphiSpeedUp 2.5

Nathanial,
| Maybe WinRAR?
Yep. I like it too.
04/15/2007 08:17:35

"Ken Randall" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Q <with a large SVHS collection ;->

I'm afraid your humour doesn't really translate :)

Ken

I'm afraid you are simply an {*word*67}, Ken.