Should there a need to use Prepare\Unprepare in standalone PC

2003-11-26 12:58:14 AM
cppbuilder54
Hi,
I have various applications installed on a standalone PC. I'm using
CBuilder4, BDE 5.01 and Paradox tables. Is there a need to use Prepare and
Unprepare?. The main application will be running for up 3hours about twice a
day. Theres about 15 queries opened for the duration of this time.
Thanks in advance,
Liam.

Re:Should there a need to use Prepare\Unprepare in standalone PC

Hi Mullane,
I think you should only unprepare queries that are linked to process which has stopped and only will be needed when the user start the process again. So prepare the queries when the process starts and unprepare them when the process end up.
Are you afraid of memory consumption ?
HTH
Jayme.