BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

2006-02-22 05:06:39 AM
cppbuilder107
Any idea what happened to TServerSocket and TClientSocket in BDS2006?
They worked in BCB5 but are totally missing in BDS2006.
The BDS2006 HELP system still documents them, but projects using them do not
convert over, and I can't find them in the component list anyplace.
Instead they have TTCPServer and TTCPClient components, which look
"similar", but have absolutely NO documentation in the help file as to how
to use them.
Lance.

Re:BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl
grep -o "TServerSocket" s*.hpp | grep -w "class"
File STDIN:
ScktComp.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TServerSocket;
ScktComp.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TServerSocket : public
TCustomServerSoc
ket
Sockets.hpp class DELPHICLASS TServerSocketThread;
Sockets.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TServerSocketThread : public
Classes::TT
hread
C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl
grep -o "TClientSocket" s*.hpp | grep -w "class"
File STDIN:
ScktComp.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TClientSocket;
ScktComp.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TClientSocket : public
TCustomSocket
Sockets.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TClientSocketThread;
Sockets.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TClientSocketThread : public
Classes::TT
hread
C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl

. Ed
Lance Robaldo wrote in message
news:43fb80de$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Any idea what happened to TServerSocket and TClientSocket in BDS2006?
They worked in BCB5 but are totally missing in BDS2006.

The BDS2006 HELP system still documents them, but projects using them do
not convert over, and I can't find them in the component list anyplace.

Instead they have TTCPServer and TTCPClient components, which look
"similar", but have absolutely NO documentation in the help file as to how
to use them.

Re:BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

I also have the same situation. Could you translate that to english, Ed?
:)
Larry
"Ed Mulroy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl
>grep -o "TServerSocket" s*.hpp | grep -w "class"
File STDIN:
ScktComp.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TServerSocket;
ScktComp.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TServerSocket : public
TCustomServerSoc
ket
Sockets.hpp class DELPHICLASS TServerSocketThread;
Sockets.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TServerSocketThread : public
Classes::TT
hread

C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl
>grep -o "TClientSocket" s*.hpp | grep -w "class"
File STDIN:
ScktComp.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TClientSocket;
ScktComp.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TClientSocket : public
TCustomSocket
Sockets.hpp:class DELPHICLASS TClientSocketThread;
Sockets.hpp class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TClientSocketThread : public
Classes::TT
hread

C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\include\vcl

. Ed

>Lance Robaldo wrote in message
>news:43fb80de$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Any idea what happened to TServerSocket and TClientSocket in BDS2006?
>They worked in BCB5 but are totally missing in BDS2006.
>
>The BDS2006 HELP system still documents them, but projects using them do
>not convert over, and I can't find them in the component list anyplace.
>
>Instead they have TTCPServer and TTCPClient components, which look
>"similar", but have absolutely NO documentation in the help file as to
>how to use them.

{smallsort}

Re:BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

They are not installed by default since they have been deprecated for many
versions (Indy's sockets are recommended). To install the old sockets just
install the dclsocket100.bpl you should find in the bin directory.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

Read Jeff Overcash' reply.
. Ed
Larry Griffiths wrote in message
news:43fc7307$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I also have the same situation. Could you translate that to english, Ed?
:)

Re:BDS2006 TServerSocket/TClientSocket

Thanks Jeff!
I heve added the Internet component (VCL) TServerSocket and TClientSocket, but when I compile my project I get many error from files winsock.h and winsock2.h.
Any idea?
Thanks!