Panels Order after toggle visible

2004-02-26 02:05:05 AM
cppbuilder38
Hi,
I have a 10 panels on a form that a user can toggle the visible state of, to
reduce clutter.
If for example 3 are toggled off then back on the order of all the panels
changes.
I checked the tab order state to see if that was responsible for the
mis-display, but no effect.
If I hide all of them, then re-show them, still the order is not as I
originally had.
Anyone show me how to control re-display in the correct order?
Thanks
jB

Re:Panels Order after toggle visible

. wrote:
If for example 3 are toggled off then back on the order of all the panels
changes.
There will be some system in it ? Which?
I checked the tab order state to see if that was responsible for the
mis-display, but no effect.
If I hide all of them, then re-show them, still the order is not as I
originally had.
You use Aligned panels is it? All alTop ?
Please inform.
Hans.

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
. wrote:
There will be some system in it ? Which?
No logic (to me) at all.
Any panel can be turned off or on in any sequence.
You use Aligned panels is it? All alTop ?
Yes that's correct.

Please inform.

Hans.

{smallsort}

. wrote:
>You use Aligned panels is it? All alTop ?

Yes that's correct.
If they were all alBottom then the code below would sort them in the
right order ascending/decending on number.
To change that for alTop panels assign a big value to their Top.
void __fastcall TForm1::SpeedButton6Click(TObject *Sender)
{
Panel2->Top = 0;
Panel3->Top = 0;
Panel4->Top = 0;
Panel5->Top = 0;
Panel6->Top = 0;
}
void __fastcall TForm1::SpeedButton7Click(TObject *Sender)
{
Panel6->Top = 0;
Panel5->Top = 0;
Panel4->Top = 0;