_bstr_t

2006-09-03 05:53:22 PM
cppbuilder24
Hello all!
I try to include comdef.h to be able to use the wrapper class _bstr_t but
when compile i get
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__stdcall
_com_util::ConvertStringToBSTR(const char *)' referenced from blha.obj.
Thanks for any help
Christer

Re:_bstr_t

Christer Borgqvist wrote:
Hello all!
I try to include comdef.h to be able to use the wrapper class _bstr_t but
when compile i get
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__stdcall
_com_util::ConvertStringToBSTR(const char *)' referenced from blha.obj.
These class (among others) was created by Microsoft to support their
#import facility. With their compiler they ship comsupp.lib that
implements those methods. Borland never shipped their version of
comsupp.lib. Fortunately there is one in bccSDK project.
Go here bccsdk.sf.net/ and download latest release. Link your
program with comsupp.lib.

Re:_bstr_t

Why not just use WideString as a BSTR wrapper?
Mark
"Christer Borgqvist" <newsgroups.borland.com>wrote in message
Hello all!
I try to include comdef.h to be able to use the wrapper class _bstr_t but
when compile i get
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__stdcall
_com_util::ConvertStringToBSTR(const char *)' referenced from blha.obj.
Thanks for any help
Christer

{smallsort}