TComboBox and Owner DrawnStuff

2005-01-03 12:13:05 PM
cppbuilder91
HI I want to make an owner drawn ComboBox for the drop down display part
of it, but when I set to any of the OwnerDrawn styles, I cannot enter
text via the keyboard in the Edit Box.
Once again if I set style to csDropDown, I don't see my custom drawing
code for the dropdown list, but I am now able to edit text.
Any recommendations....

Re:TComboBox and Owner DrawnStuff

"Colin B Maharaj" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
HI I want to make an owner drawn ComboBox for the drop down
display part of it, but when I set to any of the OwnerDrawn styles, I
cannot enter text via the keyboard in the Edit Box.
The owner-draw styles do not support an edit box at all. This is clearly
stated in the help file:
csOwnerDrawFixed
Creates an owner-draw drop-down list WITH NO EDIT BOX. Each item in the
list is the height specified by the ItemHeight property.
csOwnerDrawVariable
Creates an owner-draw drop-down list WITH NO EDIT BOX. List items can
have varying heights.
Gambit

Re:TComboBox and Owner DrawnStuff

Thanks Remy,
New years Resolution.....R.T.F.M. (read the manual) before consulting
the groups.
I guess I can try to make my own component.
news:41d8c645$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>HI I want to make an owner drawn ComboBox for the drop down
>display part of it, but when I set to any of the OwnerDrawn styles, I
>cannot enter text via the keyboard in the Edit Box.

The owner-draw styles do not support an edit box at all. This is clearly
stated in the help file:

csOwnerDrawFixed
Creates an owner-draw drop-down list WITH NO EDIT BOX. Each item in the
list is the height specified by the ItemHeight property.

csOwnerDrawVariable
Creates an owner-draw drop-down list WITH NO EDIT BOX. List items can
have varying heights.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:TComboBox and Owner DrawnStuff

"Colin B Maharaj" wrote in message
Thanks Remy,
[...] R.T.F.M. (read the manual) before consulting the groups.
There is an extra F in the acronym ;)
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:TComboBox and Owner DrawnStuff

"Colin B Maharaj" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I guess I can try to make my own component.
What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish in the first place?
Gambit