Grid with dropdown button

2005-03-29 08:01:22 AM
cppbuilder18
Hello Everyone,
Is there a component similar to TStringGrid that would allow you to make
a cell a dropdown button (ComboBox)?
Can TStringGrid already do this?
Mark

Re:Grid with dropdown button

"Mark Mussetter" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is there a component similar to TStringGrid that would allow
you to make a cell a dropdown button (ComboBox)?
Which version of BCB are you using? If BCB6, then perhaps TValueListEditor
is what you are looking for?
Can TStringGrid already do this?
Not by itself, no. You would have to derive a new component from
TStringGrid and override the CreateEditor() method to return a suitable
TInplaceEdit class instance. If you are using BCB6, there is a
TInplaceEditList class available. Otherwise, you will have to write your
own editor class from scratch.
Gambit

Re:Grid with dropdown button

Thanks Gambit. I am using BCB6, so I'll check out the suggestions you made.
Mark
news:42489ad1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Is there a component similar to TStringGrid that would allow
>you to make a cell a dropdown button (ComboBox)?

Which version of BCB are you using? If BCB6, then perhaps TValueListEditor
is what you are looking for?

>Can TStringGrid already do this?

Not by itself, no. You would have to derive a new component from
TStringGrid and override the CreateEditor() method to return a suitable
TInplaceEdit class instance. If you are using BCB6, there is a
TInplaceEditList class available. Otherwise, you will have to write your
own editor class from scratch.

Gambit

{smallsort}