removing a component from a package

2005-04-05 04:55:14 PM
cppbuilder105
Hi All,
I want to remove a compnent 'X' installed in a package ABC.bpl. But I do not
have the ABC.bpk file.
This is actually related to an ActiveX control which I had imported. This
control is installed in Activex Component palette in BCB6, but I want to
remove this component from the ActiveX component pacakge(dclocx60.bpl) for
which I do not have the dclocx60.bpk.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Re:removing a component from a package

I'm sorry but that's not a simple request. BPL files are DLL files with VCL
hooks. Consider the task of removing a function, variable, or other element
from a DLL/EXE file and you will see why removing a class from a BPL file is
a near impossible task (short of recompiling the source).
What is the reason that you would like to remove the class? Perhaps another
solution can be suggested once the real task is understood.
- Clayton

Re:removing a component from a package

I have imported a third party ActiveX control in My ActiveX palette page in
BCB6.
The ActtiveX control is now present in the dclocx60.bpl which is "Borland
Sample ActiveX control" package.
Now I want to install another package, which again contains the third party
ActiveX control.But this package cannot be installed since it says that the
third party ActiveX control is already present. This is true.
The only solution which I obtained is to remove the "Borland Sample ActiveX
control" package and then installl the new package.
But if I could have removed the third party ActiveX control from "Borland
Sample ActiveX control" package, it would have been great.
This was possible if I had the dclocx60.bpk, but I do not have it.
Do you have any other solution ??.
Thanks,
Elizabeth.
"Clayton Arends" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm sorry but that's not a simple request. BPL files are DLL files with
VCL
hooks. Consider the task of removing a function, variable, or other
element
from a DLL/EXE file and you will see why removing a class from a BPL file
is
a near impossible task (short of recompiling the source).

What is the reason that you would like to remove the class? Perhaps
another
solution can be suggested once the real task is understood.

- Clayton

{smallsort}

"Elizabeth" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] Do you have any other solution ??.
Click Project | Options and select the Packages tab.
In the section labeled 'Design packages', locate the offending
object and remove it.
If the object is in it's own package, you should also move to
the section labeled 'Runtime packages' and remove any
reference to it from the edit box.
~ JD