Docking Controls

2005-07-02 04:45:06 AM
cppbuilder13
I have an image and would like to allow the user to manually dock
controls to it. I've figured out how to perform all the dockover
and dockdrop operations, but I cannot figure out how to change the look of the control once it is lifted off of the 'holding
pen'.
The default look adds a border and a title bar with a close
button. I do not want the user to be able to close the object
nor do I particularly want a border and title bar around the
object. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance,
Brian
As an example of what I have, create a form with a panel and
place an image on the panel. Set this panel's DockSite property
to true. Create another control and set its DragKind to dkDock
and its DragMode to dmAutomatic. You'll notice that once you pick
up this second control, the border gets added automagically.