How do I embed a TCombo in the WinSystem menu ??

2007-11-18 07:20:17 AM
cppbuilder1
Hi
Would like to put a TCompoBox in the system menu for some comport
sellect, how is this done ???
I know how to sellect the comport.
Christian..

Re:How do I embed a TCombo in the WinSystem menu ??

Hi Christian
Christian.. says:
Hi

Would like to put a TCompoBox in the system menu for some comport
sellect, how is this done ???
By system meny do You mean the system meny that comes when
You click the Icon in the upper left corner of the form ?
I hope You mean the main menu of Your app, and to be
honenst I don't think that You can ( I might be wrong),
but You can create a menu item called modems and then
create sub-menus for each modem and then check the one
that the user selects.
Kind regards
Asger

Re:How do I embed a TCombo in the WinSystem menu ??

Thanks..
Yes, there is insertmenu, appendmenu and so on but I would realy like to
embed a Combobox if it is possible.
I have solved it in the way you described but still if any one knows how
to do it ????
Chris..
Asger Joergensen wrote:
Hi Christian

Christian.. says:
>Hi
>
>Would like to put a TCompoBox in the system menu for some comport
>sellect, how is this done ???

By system meny do You mean the system meny that comes when
You click the Icon in the upper left corner of the form ?

I hope You mean the main menu of Your app, and to be
honenst I don't think that You can ( I might be wrong),
but You can create a menu item called modems and then
create sub-menus for each modem and then check the one
that the user selects.

Kind regards
Asger

{smallsort}

"Christian.." <"info[NOSPAM)"@cdn.dk>wrote in message
Yes, there is insertmenu, appendmenu and so on but I
would realy like to embed a Combobox if it is possible.
You cannot embed a ComboBox (or any other control, for that matter) into a
popup menu. To do anything that is not standard menu behavior, you have to
implement your own window that mimics a popup menu but is not a true popup
menu.
Gambit

Re:How do I embed a TCombo in the WinSystem menu ??

Ok thanks...
news:4742009c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...