Form and componant resizing

I have a question. I created an application using BCB6 under WinXP. The
forms look as they showed when the appliaction is run under winxp, but
things don't look right under win98. I set the size constraints for the
forms and componants when it was designed. What causes this, and how do I
fix it.
Thanks Cory

Re:Form and componant resizing

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:53:29 -0500, "Cory Hanson"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I have a question. I created an application using BCB6 under WinXP. The
forms look as they showed when the appliaction is run under winxp, but
things don't look right under win98. I set the size constraints for the
forms and componants when it was designed. What causes this, and how do I
fix it.

Thanks Cory

I guess that I should provide further information as this message
seems somewhat broad reading it after posting it.
The contorls when run under win98 are out of place and / or bigger /
smaller then when I run the app under winxp. The forms are set to a
specific size as are all the controls. What causes this change? Some
of the controls overlap, bitmap images are smaller and don't fill the
spot they were designed to fill etc etc etc.... what is going on? How
do I fix this.

Cory Hanson wrote:
I created an application using BCB6 under WinXP. The
forms look as they showed when the appliaction is run under winxp,
but things don't look right under win98.
Check the font sizes of both machines. From the desktop properties:
\Settings\Advanced\General
It might be that one of the machines is running with large fonts.
If not it might be because no version of Builder supports XP themes and
you might have unwittingly designed your forms to compensate for the
differences.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

{smallsort}

Re:Form and componant resizing

On 6 Sep 2004 01:09:33 -0700, "Andrue Cope [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Cory Hanson wrote:

>I created an application using BCB6 under WinXP. The
>forms look as they showed when the appliaction is run under winxp,
>but things don't look right under win98.

Check the font sizes of both machines. From the desktop properties:

\Settings\Advanced\General

It might be that one of the machines is running with large fonts.

If not it might be because no version of Builder supports XP themes and
you might have unwittingly designed your forms to compensate for the
differences.
Thanks for the idea. I'm starting to think that the machine I was
testing the application on is messed up.
So, am I to assume that under normal circumstances, an application
built under WinXP would look exactly the same on a Win98 machine? I
initially thought that maybe the two OSs displayed componants
differently which led to the difference I was experiencing. After
beating my head against a wall for the last few days trying different
things, I decided to load Win98 and BCB6 on a seperate drive on my
computer and recompile the application under Win98. That would at
least tell me if it was that computer or my application.

Cory Hanson wrote:
So, am I to assume that under normal circumstances, an application
built under WinXP would look exactly the same on a Win98 machine?
I would expect it to except that if XP is using the newstyle windows
(curved corners) there are differences in the way some items are drawn.
It's possible that if you designed an application to look good under XP
some of the components might be out of place (though not by much) under
earlier versions.