CodeGuard configuration problem

2004-11-19 05:58:55 PM
cppbuilder73
I am so confused now that become really ungry.
My problem is with configuring CG. Setting default options (placed
finally in the C:\WINNT\CG32.CGI file) works fine.
But configuring a given project makes me go crazy - whatever I do,
when I open CG configuration using Tools | CodeGuard Configurationm
then save, close window and open it again all changes disappears and
there is no CGI file created for my project EXE file. What is more,
the options in that window are different than defaults I set earlier.
When I Open... and choose specufuc EXE file (my project result) it
makes CGI file and options are preserved this way, but it seams to be
ignored when I run my project from IDE and debug it.
I'm confused and request help
Thanks.

Re:CodeGuard configuration problem

Shon wrote:
When I Open... and choose specufuc EXE file (my project result) it
makes CGI file and options are preserved this way, but it seams to be
ignored when I run my project from IDE and debug it.
There is a bug in the way the CG config tool is setup in the IDE.
Go to \Tools\Configure Tools and choose to Edit "Codeguard
configuration" then enter:
Change the Parameters field to "$PATH($EXENAME)$NAMEONLY($EXENAME)"
without the quotes.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

"Andrue Cope [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
| Shon wrote:
|
|>When I Open... and choose specufuc EXE file (my project result) it
|>makes CGI file and options are preserved this way, but it seams to
be
|>ignored when I run my project from IDE and debug it.
|
| There is a bug in the way the CG config tool is setup in the IDE.
|
| Go to \Tools\Configure Tools and choose to Edit "Codeguard
| configuration" then enter:
|
| Change the Parameters field to "$PATH($EXENAME)$NAMEONLY($EXENAME)"
| without the quotes.

Thank you. I have found it somewere else already and applied the
change.
It won't fix the problem.
If I run cgconfig.exe with my project.exe outside the IDE (i.e.
"cgconfig project1.exe"), it finds the CGI file and it works fine. But
when called from Tools menu in the IDE it doesn't work.
But OK, that is fine for me.
Thank you.
--
([-: May The Force Be With You! :-])