Re: Extending scope

2005-07-16 05:46:52 AM
cppbuilder18
Hello friends,
To extend scope I know that I need to add a "-Vd" option.
Editing the associated <filename>.bpr.xml file and adding this option in
<cflag>, doesn't seem to impress the compiler - I still don't have the scope
that I want and 2nd, reopening the project shows no sign of the option
previously added to the <bpr.xml>file.
How do I get around this annoying problem,
Thanks,
Kenneth

Re:Re: Extending scope

Editing the associated <filename>.bpr.xml file and adding this option in
When I add that flag via Project | Edit Option Source it sticks for me
without any special action (just Save All). My addition looked like:
<CFLAG1 value="-vGc -vGt -vGd -Vd -Od -H=$(BCB)\lib\vcl60.csm -Hc
-Vx -Ve -X- -r- -a8 -b-
-k -y -v -vi- -c -tW -tWM"/>
For some edits to the options source (like packages and libraries)
it is necessary to bring up the Project Options dialog and click
OK to "Apply" the edit over the IDE's cached image. Other options
like trying to remove a needed dependency seem to always be overriden.
You can always show the command line in the IDE message window by
setting this Registry entry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Compiling]
"Show Compiler Progress"="True"
--Craig

Re:Re: Extending scope

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Compiling]
"Show Compiler Progress"="True"
Sorry, that should be...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Compiling]
"ShowCommandLine"="True"

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Extending scope

Thank you for your prompt response, Graig:
The problem remains the same. After adding the "-Vd" option, saving, and
reopening, here's what I (still) got:
<CFLAG1
value="-Od -H=$(BCB)\lib\vcl60.csm -Hc -Vx -Ve -X- -r- -a8 -b- -k -y -v -vi-
-c
-tW -tWM"/>
This is what would make me happy:
<CFLAG1
value="-Od -H -Vd=$(BCB)\lib\vcl60.csm -Hc -Vx -Ve -X- -r- -a8 -b- -k -y -v
-vi- -c
-tW -tWM"/>
Thanks,
Kenneth

Re:Re: Extending scope

Hi again,
I guess it matters where you add the switch. I tried it
at the very end and it persists after IDE and project
close and reopen.
--Craig

Re:Re: Extending scope

Oop, I should have checked before. This option is settable
in the Project Options | C++ page. Much better/easier to
set it that way ;-)
--Craig

Re:Re: Extending scope

Hi,
I checked the Project Options | C++ page before I entered the newsgroup
today - and guess what, it's works!
You have been very helpful.
Thank you, Craig.
Kenneth