How do I add the contents of an Ico file to a Res file

2005-03-31 05:42:51 AM
cppbuilder42
I used Image Editor for the first time, even though I've used BCB since
it came out. There doesn't seem to be any ability to import an icon
from an ico file or to do a copy and paste from another res file. I've
looked around a bit, but couldn't find any description as to how to
accomplish this. Am I actually forced to construct the image by hand?

Re:How do I add the contents of an Ico file to a Res file

"Bob Byers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
There doesn't seem to be any ability to import an icon
from an ico file
Yes, there is:
File>Open>select "Icons"
or to do a copy and paste from another res file.
Yes, there is. Once an image is loaded in the editor, you can use the
Marguee tool, or press CTRL-A, to select the desired area of the image.
Then you can Copy the selected area to the clipboard, load the target
Resource file, open the target Image, and Paste the copied image to it. You
can also copy images from other graphic editors and Paste them into the
Image Editor.
Gambit