Funny BDS 2006 message

2006-04-05 03:53:53 AM
cppbuilder41
When I close BDS 2006, it often crashes (I now expect it to). The IDE
disappears and then I expect the crash message to appear shortly afterwards.
Happens like clockwork! This time it gave something a little different (a
different message). I hope the next update fixes the crash at close problem.
I don't want any more catastrophies.
www.wiersch.com/gif/bdsfailure.gif
--
Albert Wiersch
www.htmlvalidator.com/

Re:Funny BDS 2006 message

In article <4432cec6$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Albert Wiersch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
When I close BDS 2006, it often crashes (I now expect it to). The IDE
disappears and then I expect the crash message to appear shortly afterwards.
Happens like clockwork! This time it gave something a little different (a
different message). I hope the next update fixes the crash at close problem.
I don't want any more catastrophies.

www.wiersch.com/gif/bdsfailure.gif
Can you open a second copy of BDS to debug the first while the error
is up and get a stack trace? That might help you figure out what is
wrong.
--
-David

Re:Funny BDS 2006 message

"David Dean" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Can you open a second copy of BDS to debug the first while the error
is up and get a stack trace? That might help you figure out what is
wrong.
I don't know. It's not worth the time to figure it out. I'd never get
anything done if I tried to figure out all the problems that various
software I use have. :-)
Usually it crashes with something about "codetemplates". I assume the
Borland team knows about all this stuff and is working on addressing it.
Albert

{smallsort}

Re:Funny BDS 2006 message

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:19:59 -0400, David Dean
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
In article <4432cec6$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Albert Wiersch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>When I close BDS 2006, it often crashes (I now expect it to). The IDE
>disappears and then I expect the crash message to appear shortly afterwards.
>Happens like clockwork! This time it gave something a little different (a
>different message). I hope the next update fixes the crash at close problem.
>I don't want any more catastrophies.
>
>www.wiersch.com/gif/bdsfailure.gif

Can you open a second copy of BDS to debug the first while the error
is up and get a stack trace? That might help you figure out what is
wrong.
I have the same problem (but in spanish : "Error catastrófico". I will
try to open the second BDS as soon as it happnes again, but I don´t
think it will be really useful: BDS is linked without debug symbols!
Best regards,
Zara

Re:Funny BDS 2006 message

Albert,
Have you installed any packages not present in the original installation
of the product? i.e. any example code template script packages? If so,
try removing them and see if that helps.
-Adam

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Can you open a second copy of BDS to debug the first while the error
>is up and get a stack trace? That might help you figure out what is
>wrong.

I don't know. It's not worth the time to figure it out. I'd never get
anything done if I tried to figure out all the problems that various
software I use have. :-)

Usually it crashes with something about "codetemplates". I assume the
Borland team knows about all this stuff and is working on addressing it.

Albert

Re:Funny BDS 2006 message

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:20:07 -0500, "Albert Wiersch"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I don't know. It's not worth the time to figure it out.
That seems a bit strange to me. Is BDS your main development tool? If
it is, how can it not be worth the time?
Usually it crashes with something about "codetemplates". I assume the
Borland team knows about all this stuff and is working on addressing it.
You could be sure they knew about it if you'd put a bit of effort into
filing a QC report, with a test case if possible.