manifest for bds 2006

2006-03-04 04:23:37 PM
cppbuilder20
Hi all,
if I create a bds.exe.manifest file for BDS ,is it possible that to produce
any side effects to IDE ?
I ask before do it ...
Thanks

Re:manifest for bds 2006

Other people have said that they have experienced no problems. I haven't
done it yet but I can say I've had problems in the past with BCB6 and BCB5.
The problem had to do with TImageList. The Win32 counterpart to this
component underwent some changes for the themeing update. If I created an
application that used TImageList in my IDE that was using a manifest file
then the generated EXE could only run on XP machines. I haven't checked if
this is still the case with BDS but it is something to keep in mind if you
do decide to make the change.
- Clayton

Re:manifest for bds 2006

Thanks Clayton

{smallsort}

Re:manifest for bds 2006

I believe that there *ARE* problems using a manifest with BDS.
I think someone at Borland said don't do it as it's not supported
yet. Some problem with Forms changing sizes each time you
edit them. Unlike BCB5/6 where you shouldn't do that as there
were major incompatibilities.
HTH Pete