How to use c0x32w.obj file as startup using the IDE (CB2007)

2007-09-18 11:28:00 PM
cppbuilder11
Hello,
I want to compile and link an unicode console application.
With BDS2006(C++), I replaced directly c0x32.ob by c0x32w.obj in the
.bdsproj, but I cannot find a way to do it in CB2007.
Philippe

Re:How to use c0x32w.obj file as startup using the IDE (CB2007)

It used to be that if an object file whose name began with "c0" were in the
project, it would be taken as the startup code. I haven't done that in
years, but it's easy to try.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] a écrit :
It used to be that if an object file whose name began with "c0" were in the
project, it would be taken as the startup code. I haven't done that in
years, but it's easy to try.

. Ed

>Philippe PERON wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I want to compile and link an unicode console application.
>With BDS2006(C++), I replaced directly c0x32.ob by c0x32w.obj in the
>.bdsproj, but I cannot find a way to do it in CB2007.

No it doesn't work.
I added : C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\5.0\LIB\C0X32X.OBJ in the
project and I got this message:
Error: '_main' externe non résolu, référenc?depuis C:\PROGRAM
FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\5.0\LIB\C0X32.OBJ"
I found a way, I copied the linker command line in the message output
window , pasted it in .bat file, replacing C0X32 by C0X32W and execute
the .bat file.

{smallsort}

Re:How to use c0x32w.obj file as startup using the IDE (CB2007)

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Philippe PERON < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I found a way, I copied the linker command line in the message output
window , pasted it in .bat file, replacing C0X32 by C0X32W and execute
the .bat file.
It might also be doable as an action in a MSBuild targets file or as
a post build event. (As a way of doing it in the IDE)
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Philippe PERON < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>I found a way, I copied the linker command line in the message
>output window , pasted it in .bat file, replacing C0X32 by C0X32W
>and execute the .bat file.

It might also be doable as an action in a MSBuild targets file or
as a post build event. (As a way of doing it in the IDE)
It certainly is possible:
1. File | New | Other | C++ Builder Files | MSBuild Targets File
(Target1.targets will be added to the project).
2. Inside the <Project>tag add:
<PropertyGroup>
<ILINK_StartupObjs>c0x32w.obj</ILINK_StartupObjs>
</PropertyGroup>
3. Right Click on the Target1.targets in the project manager and select
"Enable"
4. Build.
HTH,
Mark