2006: "Code insight parsing" driving me nuts

2007-10-08 06:00:22 PM
cppbuilder72
This is really bugging me, the IDE frequently locks me out of the editor
for 20+ sec whilst it performs "Code insight parsing". It's not as if
I'm using a slow PC, I have a 4 proc Opteron system with 2GB Ram and WD
Raptor hard drives running XP Pro.
Is the ide doing the parsing in the same thread as the editor? What can
I do to reduce this problem? Any tips gratefully received.
Using BCB2006.

Re:2006: "Code insight parsing" driving me nuts

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:00:22 +0100, David Perkins < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
This is really bugging me, the IDE frequently locks me out of the editor
for 20+ sec whilst it performs "Code insight parsing". It's not as if
I'm using a slow PC, I have a 4 proc Opteron system with 2GB Ram and WD
Raptor hard drives running XP Pro.

Is the ide doing the parsing in the same thread as the editor? What can
I do to reduce this problem? Any tips gratefully received.

Using BCB2006.
I don't know, but I turned the delay for code insight to maximum (1.5
second delay) and it helps out. I don't see delays for actual parsing
that long, however the delay gives me a snowballs chance to move my
mouse away from sensitive areas if I am not intested in the 'insight'
offered at that point in my editting.
regards
Jeff Kish