File Creation Failed with cbuilder 2006 free version on .rc file

2007-10-14 07:21:44 AM
cppbuilder9
Hi.
I'm porting (attempting to port) a borland 5.02 owl5 application suite
over to owlenxt and cbuilder 2006.
Is there something special I need to do in order to include/reuse the
.rc files from my old project?
I included the rc in the new project but I get this message:
[RC Fatal Error] myfile.rc(1): File creation failed
The first few lines in the rc file are a comment, BTW.
Even if I pull the comment out, it still occurs.
I have 6 G free still (yeah, things are getting thin out on the old
disk drive),.
thanks. I didn't see anything in this particular newsgroup, or a
google.
Jeff Kish

Re:File Creation Failed with cbuilder 2006 free version on .rc file

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:21:44 -0400, Jeff Kish < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Hi.
I'm porting (attempting to port) a borland 5.02 owl5 application suite
over to owlenxt and cbuilder 2006.

Is there something special I need to do in order to include/reuse the
.rc files from my old project?
I included the rc in the new project but I get this message:

[RC Fatal Error] myfile.rc(1): File creation failed

The first few lines in the rc file are a comment, BTW.

Even if I pull the comment out, it still occurs.
I have 6 G free still (yeah, things are getting thin out on the old
disk drive),.

thanks. I didn't see anything in this particular newsgroup, or a
google.
Jeff Kish
never mind.. I guess I knew, but forgot that there are different
options for output directory for rc compiles and the source code
compiles.
Somehow the 'specify filepath' checkbox got checked without a browsed
selection in the field which got things confused in the ide.
Jeff Kish