produce sounds

2008-05-25 02:31:19 AM
cppbuilder96
Hi.
I'd like to write an app that as part of its interface, produces a
sound going either from low to hight, or high to low.
I'd like to control:
starting low/high point/frequency
ending of same
duration
Can someone recommend a wa of doing this?
Do I need to create sound/.wav files in advance and play them?
My goal is to be able to play the sounds starting with long durations,
and working towards shorter durations, and having the user indicate
whether or not the sounds were ascending or descending.
I'd also like to use sound bites such as long/short vowel sounds and
present them to the user in order for them to try to tell the
difference.
I am interesting in neurological rehabilitation for old and/or
disabled people, and would like to come up with something to use on a
computer.
thanks
Jeff
p.s. I am using turbo 2006 bds.
I could use cbuilder 6 if I had to or borland 5.02 also.

Re:produce sounds

Hello Jeff,
Although it's not exactly what you want, I have put some
samplers using PlaySound and MIDI on my website at:

Re:produce sounds

Hello Jeff,
Although it's not exactly what you want, I have put some
samplers using PlaySound and MIDI on my website at:
www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/borland/sound.htm
However, I would also like to know how to produce sounds
dynamically using pitch and duration without the Beep() call.
Cheers,
Nick

{smallsort}

Re:produce sounds

On 26 May 2008 13:54:03 -0700, "Nick Gessler" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Although it's not exactly what you want, I have put some
samplers using PlaySound and MIDI on my website at:
www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/borland/sound.htm

However, I would also like to know how to produce sounds
dynamically using pitch and duration without the Beep() call.

Cheers,
Nick
thanks.
I am still researching.