Linker error: Unable to open file (C++ V5.02)

2004-02-19 06:52:01 PM
cppbuilder5
Dear Newsgroup Users,
I have a problem regarding compiling a 16-Bit Application with Borland C++ V5.02.
This is the original error message:
Transferring to C:\PROGRA~1\BC5\BIN\tlink.exe @D:\WT-PRO~1\dBox_wt10_C-IO\C-Code\Sources\iBox_DIO\@DIO.r$p
Fatal: (1,1):Unable to open file 'd:\wt-pro~1\dbox_wt10_c-io\c-code\sources\ibox_dio\@dio.r$p'
I don't know what happened to my project settings. Former compiling were always successfull. I checked the project settings.
Strange is, if my collegue creates a mapping to my source code over our network and tries to compile my project it will also fail with this message, but if he copies the whole source code including all folders and subfolders and paste it onto a location on his local harddisk, he is able to compile my project to create the desired 16-Bit Application without any problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If someone has experiences with such problems please let me know!
A desperated software developer,
Marcus Dindorf

Re:Linker error: Unable to open file (C++ V5.02)

Wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is for the C++ Builder compiler but your
question is about the Borland C++ compiler. That compiler is covered in the
newsgroup borland.public.cpp.borlandcpp
The information you show indicates compiler is not correctly installed. The
16 bit file system does not have long file names or file names with spaces
in them. Uninstall the compiler and then install it to the default install
path or to another path which does not have long file names.
Follow ups set to borland.public.cpp.borlandcpp
. Ed
news:40349551$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...