To Get Records data in a buffer

2006-07-01 03:12:45 PM
cppbuilder110
Hello,
I want to implement fast way of extracting all records data from TADODataSet
into memory buffer in order to send data over network.
Please help.
Dmitry

Re:To Get Records data in a buffer

Look at implementation of TADODataSet.SaveToFile(). Recordset.Save()
supports OleVariant that contains IStream as first parameter. For IStream
use TStreamAdapter.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Dmitry Konnov" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостях
следующе? news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hello,

I want to implement fast way of extracting all records data from
TADODataSet
into memory buffer in order to send data over network.

Please help.

Dmitry

Re:To Get Records data in a buffer

Viatcheslav,
Please give me ideas how to save content of Current Recors in TADODataSet
into
memory buffer.
I need to save data record by record in order to process each record on
server side.
Look at implementation of TADODataSet.SaveToFile(). Recordset.Save()
supports OleVariant that contains IStream as first parameter. For IStream
use TStreamAdapter.
Saving content of entire dataset may also suite for me.
Thank you for this information also.
Dmitry

{smallsort}