How to determine a Truetype Filename

2003-11-30 10:26:16 PM
cppbuilder72
I need to be able to determine the filename of a chosen TrueType font.
Problem is, there appear to be multiple versions of the names in the
registry.
For example, in a font selection list, I might see the name
"Futura MdCn BT" For Futura Medium, Condensed.
In the key: HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
I will see a name like "Futura MdCn-Italic BT (TrueType)" with an
accompanying value of the desired .TTF filename. This name is
sufficiently dissimilar that I cannot easily derive it from the former
name that I saw in the user-font-selection-list.
Thank you,
Hebron

Re:How to determine a Truetype Filename

XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Kurt Barthelmess (TeamB)) wrote:
"Hebron" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Duplicate post.
He did the same in all of the CBuilder groups too :-o
~ JD

Re:How to determine a Truetype Filename

"Hebron" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Duplicate post. Please post to only one message group. Thanks.
Kurt

{smallsort}

"Hebron" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I need to be able to determine the filename of a chosen TrueType font.
Problem is, there appear to be multiple versions of the names in the
registry.
Please do not cross-post. It is against Borland's newsgroup guidelines
(www.borland.com/newsgroups). Please post questions only to the
single most appropriate group. Your question has been answered in the
cppbuilder.nativeapi group. This issue has *nothing* to do with winsock
programming at all.
Gambit

Re:How to determine a Truetype Filename

Hebron wrote:
Please follow newsgroup guidelines and do not cross- or multi-
post messages. Pick a group (probably .nativeapi is a good one)
and post there only.
www.borland.com/newsgroups/ - Borland newsgroup descriptions
www.borland.com/newsgroups/netiquette.html - netiquette
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp