parallel port can't read new value.

2005-10-09 05:12:01 PM
cppbuilder20
Hi,
I am uing BCB5 Pro & Win98SE/XP
Created an app that uses the parallel port.
I can write to the port, and I can read what was sent.
Problem is if there is a change in status of one of the pins,
ie. I physically put a pin high, this change is not read.
Is there a command to make the port read the actual values.
Program Im using for ports is from Logix4u.net
Thanks in Advance
Andrew

Re:parallel port can't read new value.

Andrew McIsaac wrote:
Problem is if there is a change in status of one of the pins,
ie. I physically put a pin high, this change is not read.
Is there a command to make the port read the actual values.
Program Im using for ports is from Logix4u.net
The parallel port runs on a strobe signal.
I forget which pin it is.
The data is presented to the data pins, then the stobe sends the data.
It is not enough to change a data pin.
If you hold a pin high while the program is sending data, you should
see that bit remain constant.