But if there was a next release at least the bugs might be fixed

2004-01-21 03:13:47 AM
cppbuilder114
I wouldn't mind Borland not fixing bugs until the next release if A) there actually
was a next release and B) the next release actually fixed the bugs.
Duane Hebert wrote:
>Okay so Borland hasn't actually told us VCL developers to get lost but OTOH
>nor has it told us what if anything it's going to do to help us.

One of the main reasons that many use Borland is that it is not MS.
When I hear stuff like "well that's what MS does" as justification for
some policy (like not fixing bugs until the next release etc.) it just
erases that difference. Whatever happened to the "value added"
marketing concept?

Re:But if there was a next release at least the bugs might be fixed

I wouldn't mind Borland not fixing bugs until the next release if A) there actually
was a next release and B) the next release actually fixed the bugs.
Oh they usually fix some of the bugs. Unfortunately they create others. I guess
you could say that we're lucky with BCB in that we won't be getting any
new bugs now :-)
Personally, I do mind this policy but I've just learned to live with it since I
didn't want to use MS stuff. I don't think this will fly with the new audience
that Borland's targetting though. We'll see what happens. They claim
they are going to change this (better response to QC etc.)
At any rate, if they don't come up with something soon, it won't be my problem
any longer.

Duane Hebert wrote:
I guess you could say that we're lucky with BCB in that we won't be getting any
new bugs now :-)
I hope thats premature?

I don't think this will fly with the new audience that Borland's targetting though.
We'll see what happens. They claim
they are going to change this (better response to QC etc.)
Sounds familiar. BCB5 made same claim. Came out with 2 patches.

At any rate, if they don't come up with something soon, it won't be my problem
any longer.
:-}...

{smallsort}