Some stats on BDN

2004-06-10 04:45:18 AM
cppbuilder32
Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the "C++" section of BDN
(bdn.borland.com). There have only been 25 or so C++ posts in the
last year. Of those, only about half deal with C++ or product info -- the
rest are announcements. In the past six months, there have been exactly
*two* C++-specific posts: the "Generation X" announcement, and the "Borland
updates mobile solutions" post.
Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six and ten
posts per month.
Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?
mr_organic

Re:Some stats on BDN

mr_organic wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the "C++" section of BDN
(bdn.borland.com). There have only been 25 or so C++ posts in
the last year. Of those, only about half deal with C++ or product
info -- the rest are announcements. In the past six months, there
have been exactly two C++-specific posts: the "Generation X"
announcement, and the "Borland updates mobile solutions" post.

Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six and
ten posts per month.

Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?

mr_organic
Note that most contributions to BDN come from us, the customers.
If you want to be published, or see more C++ content, get writing!
Borland even pay for submissions (around $200 IIRC)
AlisdairM(TeamB)

Re:Some stats on BDN

Please stop filling this newsgroup with popaganda. I actually look for
useful information here not just another thread started complaining about
lack of C++ direction. We know there is a problem, wait until Borland has a
chance to respond. Obviously there were some bad decisions in the past, so
lets not encourage that for the future :) by acting like children. Please
everyone reading this, use your professionalism and lets bury this issue
until we get useful info from Borland. The guys at Borland should also put a
lid on talking about any C++ stuff (from other threads likewise) until
something meanful is ready to say. Great... back to work.
"mr_organic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the "C++" section of BDN
(bdn.borland.com). There have only been 25 or so C++ posts in the
last year. Of those, only about half deal with C++ or product info -- the
rest are announcements. In the past six months, there have been exactly
*two* C++-specific posts: the "Generation X" announcement, and the
"Borland
updates mobile solutions" post.

Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six and ten
posts per month.

Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?

mr_organic

{smallsort}

Re:Some stats on BDN

softcoder wrote:
Please stop filling this newsgroup with popaganda.
Popaganda?
Pop ~ Father, Grandfather.
Have a Gander ~ Take a Look at
Filling this newsgroup with popaganda ~ Filling the newsgroup with pictures
of Grandpa to look at?
<g>
--
Vesty.

Re:Some stats on BDN

Adam Versteegen wrote:
Popaganda?

Pop ~ Father, Grandfather.
Have a Gander ~ Take a Look at

Filling this newsgroup with popaganda ~ Filling the newsgroup with
pictures of Grandpa to look at?
Hey, it's one way to get old women to come here!

Re:Some stats on BDN

"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
We know there is a problem, wait until Borland has a
chance to respond.
We *know*?! How? Borland never addmitted there is a real problem. Their
representatives here often alluded that there was problem with us - their
customers, but they never took responsibility for what happened. And what do
you mean by *chance* to respond? They had all the attention in the world,
please, please respond!
Had any of their representatives honestly said, we screwed up that whole
thing, we did A expecting B to happen, which didn't happen. We realize we
did it completely wrong and take responsibility for rectifying this
situation by doing this and this. So far Borland portrayed itself as someone
who did no wrong and their customer are just annoying fools wasting their
time with constant whining. What they don't seem to realize is that by
alienating their customers they are only digging a bigger hole for
themselves. I'm waiting for the time when they start climbing up, but they
are still digging.

Re:Some stats on BDN

"mr_organic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six
and ten posts per month.

Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?
They have been asking for people to submit articles (and get paid) for
at least 2 years. BDN is not entirely an internal website, but is
often containing articles written by people in the community. Have an
idea for a C++ article? Write it! Who knows, you may get
published...
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Some stats on BDN

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) wrote:
"mr_organic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six
>and ten posts per month.
>
>Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?

They have been asking for people to submit articles (and get paid) for
at least 2 years. BDN is not entirely an internal website, but is
often containing articles written by people in the community. Have an
idea for a C++ article? Write it! Who knows, you may get
published...

Realistically, these are the sample C++ articles that one would get:
"Porting Your C++ Builder Code to MSVS"
"Using the CBX Form^H^H^H^H Designer^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H"
"Using CBX with wxWindows^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H"
"Using Delphi to allow BCB Programs to Use WinXP Themes"
"How To Tighten Code to Prevent Linker Overflow"
"Borland Open Letters, and other Vaporware"
and others, along a similar vein
David Erbas-White

Re:Some stats on BDN

news:40c77891$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>We know there is a problem, wait until Borland has a
>chance to respond.

We *know*?! How? Borland never addmitted there is a real problem. Their
representatives here often alluded that there was problem with us - their
customers, but they never took responsibility for what happened. And what do
you mean by *chance* to respond? They had all the attention in the world,
please, please respond!
Had any of their representatives honestly said, we screwed up that whole
thing, we did A expecting B to happen, which didn't happen. We realize we
did it completely wrong and take responsibility for rectifying this
situation by doing this and this. So far Borland portrayed itself as someone
who did no wrong and their customer are just annoying fools wasting their
time with constant whining. What they don't seem to realize is that by
alienating their customers they are only digging a bigger hole for
themselves. I'm waiting for the time when they start climbing up, but they
are still digging.

Here here! They've had all the "chance" in the world to say something.
They choose to say nothing, so Now I've had enough. I choose to go
somewhere else. Bye bye Borland

Re:Some stats on BDN

mr_organic wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the "C++" section of BDN
(bdn.borland.com). There have only been 25 or so C++ posts in the
last year. Of those, only about half deal with C++ or product info -- the
rest are announcements. In the past six months, there have been exactly
*two* C++-specific posts: the "Generation X" announcement, and the "Borland
updates mobile solutions" post.

Contrast this with the Delphi section, which everages between six and ten
posts per month.

Someone tell me again how important we C++ folks are to Borland?

Submit articles then. The fact that people are not writing articles is not
Borland's fault, unless you have evidence that they are rejecting all C++
content. A vast majority of the Delphi content comes from the community. If
you want more C++ articles write them. Borland pays for articles on BDN.
mr_organic
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:Some stats on BDN

You forgot the ubiquotous:
"The precise definition of an Emulator"
G.

Re:Some stats on BDN

"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Please stop filling this newsgroup with popaganda. I actually look for
useful information here not just another thread started complaining about
lack of C++ direction.
Maybe you are missing the point? We're *ALL* looking for useful information
here -- but we aren't getting any. THAT'S why people are complaining.
We know there is a problem, wait until Borland has a chance to respond.
Don't you think that they've ALREADY had a lengthy opportunity in which to
respond? How many years do you want to give 'em?
Obviously there were some bad decisions in the past, so
lets not encourage that for the future :) by acting like children.
In what way does complaining about the lack of info/direction constitute (a)
active encouragement to make mistakes in the future or (b) childish
behaviour?
Great... back to work.
With what development system?
Dave