Is it save to install BCB 6 and BDS2006 on the same computer?

2007-03-09 11:42:13 AM
cppbuilder12
Hi,
Is it save to install both BCB 6 and BDS on the same computer? I've
installed BDS on one of the computers that had BCB 6, and when I
compiled a BCB 6 with CodeGuard, I get error msgs from IDE. I had to go
and rename cg32.dll in the BCB6/bin so I can run IDE.
If BDS can be install with BCB 6, what are the precautions?
Thanks
-Bill

Re:Is it save to install BCB 6 and BDS2006 on the same computer?

compiled a BCB 6 with CodeGuard, I get error msgs from IDE. I had to go
and rename cg32.dll in the BCB6/bin so I can run IDE.
They coexist just fine. The only consideration I know is
PATH (the Windows PATH). BCB6 installer put the path to
BCB6 at the front of the PATH. BDS puts the path to BDS
at the end of the path. You should probably implement
some kind of path order flipping scheme if you work
with code guard in both. borlndmm.dll is another
same-named DLL that resides in bin.
This same PATH issue is also there for
your own packages if you do not give them unique names
like mypackage60.bpl and mypackage100.bpl.
--Craig