Re: Will you look at this...

2004-12-02 10:25:44 PM
cppbuilder103
"Shane Stump" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Because an exception was thrown <BG>!

Regards,

Shane
www.StumpWare.com

"Kenneth de Camargo" <INVERT:rb.moc.arret@jcrk>wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>William Charles Nickerson wrote:
>
>>if (CBX 2.0 == BCPP_2005 && has_been_released) {
>>if (import_BCB_ability == VCL_and_RAD) {
>>cout << "Why no news to BCB Users?";
>>}
>>}
>
>The "new compiler" complained about "VCL_and_RAD" being an undefined
>symbol. <g>
>
>--
>Ken
>planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
>* this is not a sig *

Version 2.0
try {
if (CBX 2.0 == BCPP_2005 && has_been_released) {
if (import_BCB_ability == VCL_and_RAD) {
cout << "Why no news to BCB Users?";
}
}
}
catch (...) {
cout << "Sigh 8=(";
}

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

George Gombos < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]

Some would not consider the CBX IDE an improvement over the BCB6 IDE.
Why? Besides the RAD editor, what was there
in the BCB IDE that is worth to mention?
BCB has one of the worst IDEs that I had
the misfortune to work with in the last ten
years.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Andrue Cope [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hendrik Schober wrote:

>>So they're renaming C++BuilderX to Borland C++ 2005. Unless I'm
>>missing something it's not THAT interesting.

There was a lot of confusion so they changed the name. You shouldn't
read more into it than that.
You mean Robert did /not/ mention a
new compiler and the Dinkumware STL?
I must have been dreaming then.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely
to be prefered to those thinking they've found it."
Terry Pratchett

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

George Gombos < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>There was a lot of confusion so they changed the name. You shouldn't
>read more into it than that.

But it tells us there won't be a product named Borland C++ Builder 2005,
Why?
since that would add to the confusion. [...]
Mhmm. I'm not convinced.
Schobi
--

"William Charles Nickerson" <billATwcnickersonDOTca>writes:
if (CBX 2.0 == BCPP_2005 && has_been_released) {
if (import_BCB_ability == VCL_and_RAD) {
cout << "Why no news to BCB Users?";
}
}
else
{
}
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Perhaps AC is correct about not reading into it. My inital thought was
that changing the name clears the way for a BCB 6.1 or a BCB 7.0(with
.NET) that will bridge to BDS 2006 (or possibly BDS 2007) with a BCB
personality.

>There was a lot of confusion so they changed the name. You shouldn't
>read more into it than that.

But it tells us there won't be a product named Borland C++ Builder 2005,
since that would add to the confusion. So this is somehow confirmation
that a standalone version of C++ Builder seems unlikely now, and
probably BCB Next will be a part of BDS, as we have been speculating.

So in order to continue programming with VCL in C++ I will probably have
to buy a product called Delphi 2006... oh, the irony.

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Hendrik Schober wrote:
Why? Besides the RAD editor, what was there
in the BCB IDE that is worth to mention?
BCB has one of the worst IDEs that I had
the misfortune to work with in the last ten
years.
I don't mind the BCB IDE design, it's the implementation that annoys
me. All the rough edges and bugs. Bah.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

George Gombos < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Andrue Cope [TeamB] wrote:
>Hendrik Schober wrote:
>
>>>So they're renaming C++BuilderX to Borland C++ 2005. Unless I'm
>>>missing something it's not THAT interesting.
>There was a lot of confusion so they changed the name. You shouldn't
>read more into it than that.

But it tells us there won't be a product named Borland C++ Builder
2005, since that would add to the confusion.
Adding to the confusion isn't enough to always stop them from using a
particular name. Consider "C++BuilderX", which has little to do with
C++Builder. The name was chosen not to avoid confusion, but for other
reasons.
So this is somehow confirmation that a standalone version of C++
Builder seems unlikely now, and probably BCB Next will be a part of
BDS, as we have been speculating.
We don't know anything yet until they tell us.
So in order to continue programming with VCL in C++ I will probably
have to buy a product called Delphi 2006... oh, the irony.
We don't know that yet either. But in general I like the idea of it
being hosted in the Delphi environment. We know the IDE at least will
lag behind Delphi, for one thing. :)
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
But in general I like the idea of it being hosted in the Delphi
environment. We know the IDE at least will lag behind Delphi, for
one thing. :)
Whoops. Insert the word "not" in the appropriate place.
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I much prefer the BCB IDE to the
CBX version.

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
We don't know that yet either. But in general I like the idea of it
being hosted in the Delphi environment. We know the IDE at least will
lag behind Delphi, for one thing. :)
I like the idea as well. I think it offers advantages for both BCB and
Delphi. The current D2005 load-time and memory problems aside (they will
be fixed well before BCB joins BDS), I look forward to a BDS w/BCB.

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

Andrue Cope [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]

I don't mind the BCB IDE design, it's the implementation that annoys
me. All the rough edges and bugs. Bah.
Has it gotten better then? The last
one I worked with daily was BCB4. And,
honestly, it sucked. Just doing a
release build with it was a major
undertaking -- not to think of doing
the very /same/ release twice when you
switched to debug in between. I was
never sure I got all the switches right.
And I have seen far better debiggers.
Schobi
--

Leroy Casterline < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I much prefer the BCB IDE to the
CBX version.
Who was talking of beauty?
We have several projects that each have
Debug and Release configs times ANSI
and Unicode times three customer-specific
versions. Try to herd that in BCB. For
this, VS is great.
[...]
Schobi
--

"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Just doing a release build with it was a major undertaking -- not
to think of doing the very /same/ release twice when you switched
to debug in between. I was never sure I got all the switches
right.
I agree, the project management in BCB still is pretty limited. It
hasn't changed much since BCB4. CBX is starting to show some promise,
though.
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Re: Will you look at this...

"Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Just doing a release build with it was a major undertaking -- not
>to think of doing the very /same/ release twice when you switched
>to debug in between. I was never sure I got all the switches
>right.

I agree, the project management in BCB still is pretty limited. It
hasn't changed much since BCB4. CBX is starting to show some promise,
though.
Agreed. Having separate release and debug directory structures
makes life a lot easier. I didn't particularly like the "java" sluggishness
but aside from that, I found the concept better than BCB. It was
pretty buggy though...