Re: Borland was too late for me.

2005-04-03 01:07:04 AM
cppbuilder70
Boian Mitov < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi Tim,

While I agree that Borland has done that, I must note that it seems
to be the same case as example with the VB developers in M$. [...]
However, IIRC, in the case of VB.NET, it
was known long ahead and could have been
planned for.
Boian
[...]
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:Re: Borland was too late for me.

Boian Mitov < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi Hendrik,

What I recall from the threads was that he stated that Borland is
changing for good. [...]
So maybe I'm wrong. In this case take my apologies.
But just stating this is funny at best.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely
to be prefered to those thinking they've found it."
Terry Pratchett

Re:Re: Borland was too late for me.

Hi Boian,
I made research on the web and I did not find entries that corroborates your
statement. Is it possible for you to provide us a starting URL ?
Thank you very much
Christophe
"Boian Mitov" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Tim,

I will give you some tips ;-) . Read the C++ and C# main articles. In
the next version C++ will be the only language to support the full set
of features of .NET 2.0 . Stack type objects as example are not planned
for C#. The statement from the M$ speakers at the last BorCon ware that
C++ now is the system language for .NET, and they do not plan to support
the full scale of the new features in any other languages. The rumor is
that there are a lot of M$ products written in C++, and the teams did
not feel like rewriting it all in C# or something...
Cheers,
Boian

tim wrote:

>Well at least you were real helpful. That's like saying read the Library
>of Congress. But thanks anyway..

{smallsort}

"Christophe Bourez" wrote:
I made research on the web and I did not find entries that corroborates
your
statement. Is it possible for you to provide us a starting URL ?
Google for 'microsoft vc++ 2005' as a starter.
pluralsight.com/blogs/hsutter/archive/2004/10/05/2672.aspx
Peter

Re:Re: Borland was too late for me.

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Hendrik Schober < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Duane Hebert < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...]
>I suggested last year that they talk to Greg Comeau. It seemed that
>they might as he started lurking around here. [...]

IMHO that was more because he adapted his compiler
to use the free BCC55 on Windows as a backend. Then
answering a few questions here would spark interest.
Also, he usually shows up pretty reliably when the
word "Comeau" comes up in discussions in several
news groups. :)
Most usenet discussions with the word Comeau in it
are not responded to by me, and I think that is as it
should be. Those that I do repond to are often the
result of multiple emails that I should say something,
or so grossly wrong, etc. Generally speaking, I'd be
happy to do nothing by post in NGs since I'm interested
in many different subjects, etc, but time is usually
not on my side, so I do what I can.
(Hey Greg, I bet that now I caught your attention by
mentioning it a third time in this thread. And once
you're here anyway, can I ask you about a complicated
core language issue? <vbg>)
Sorry, this is non-technical :)
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau for the Mac? Stay tuned.
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout

Re:Re: Borland was too late for me.

Greg Comeau < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
>(Hey Greg, I bet that now I caught your attention by
>mentioning it a third time in this thread. And once
>you're here anyway, can I ask you about a complicated
>core language issue? <vbg>)

Sorry, this is non-technical :)
Damn! But you were over in language.cpp
as well, so I might just do it there! :)
Schobi