Creating new data section

2005-02-15 05:36:36 PM
cppbuilder96
HI folks,
i am trying to create to new datasection and put some varibles under the
datasection.
i know in VC++ we can do this with a pragma
#pragma data_seg(".my_data1").
can some body tell me how i can i do the same in Borland C++ 5.02
--
Regards,
Vijay Reddy.

Re:Creating new data section

Reddy wrote:
i am trying to create to new datasection and put some varibles under the
datasection.
i know in VC++ we can do this with a pragma
#pragma data_seg(".my_data1").

can some body tell me how i can i do the same in Borland C++ 5.02
Does this page help?
awc.al-williams.com/share.htm
(It seems to say that Borland works fine without that directive)
If not, then what are you trying to write for?
DOS? Win16? Win32? EXE? DLL?
Or, why are you trying to put the data in a new segment?
IOW, what's wrong with using the default segment?

Re:Creating new data section

my intension is to acess the values of the varibales in that pragma section
while the programming is running.
i want to do this to implement a snapshot and recall feature for that
data.i,e storing and restoring the variable value while the
process is running.
"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Reddy wrote:

>i am trying to create to new datasection and put some varibles under the
>datasection.
>i know in VC++ we can do this with a pragma
>#pragma data_seg(".my_data1").
>
>can some body tell me how i can i do the same in Borland C++ 5.02

Does this page help?

awc.al-williams.com/share.htm
(It seems to say that Borland works fine without that directive)

If not, then what are you trying to write for?
DOS? Win16? Win32? EXE? DLL?

Or, why are you trying to put the data in a new segment?
IOW, what's wrong with using the default segment?

{smallsort}

Reddy wrote:
my intension is to acess the values of the varibales in that pragma section
while the programming is running.
i want to do this to implement a snapshot and recall feature for that
data.i,e storing and restoring the variable value while the
process is running.
The data is in a DLL?
Why not let the DLL snapshot it?
My understanding is that would be more portable.

Re:Creating new data section

no the data is part of the EXE,
I will use another windows to open the running program(which i want to
snapshot)and process the variables in the data segment.

Reddy wrote:
no the data is part of the EXE,
I will use another windows to open the running program(which i want to
snapshot)and process the variables in the data segment.
Then send a message to the exe and let it snapshot itself.