Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

2005-08-14 10:58:43 PM
cppbuilder111
Hi folks, is there any
1. Guidelines
2. AntiCracking Techniques
3. Reputable EXE encryptor
....that I can use to protect my EXE from some vultures that I am
hearing is trying to fill their pockets while emptying mine....son-of-a
Colin B Maharaj
Trinidad and Tobago, WI
PS: Sometimes it sucks being a Trini - Software piracy here is getting
out of hand, cause little old me will have to pay for some idiot who
thinks he/she is allowed to do what they want with software.
ARGH!!!

Re:Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

Colin B Maharaj < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
PS: Sometimes it sucks being a Trini - Software piracy here is getting
out of hand, cause little old me will have to pay for some idiot who
thinks he/she is allowed to do what they want with software.
In case this comforts you: When it comes to
software piracy Germany is known to be as bad
as some 3rd-world countries.
Schobi
(writing software to feed three kids)
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

"Colin B Maharaj" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi folks, is there any
1. Guidelines
2. AntiCracking Techniques
3. Reputable EXE encryptor
Armadillo siliconrealms.com/armadillo_engine.shtml may do most of
what you want...
- Roddy

{smallsort}

Hendrik Schober wrote:
In case this comforts you: When it comes to
software piracy Germany is known to be as bad
as some 3rd-world countries.
Schobi,
Do the big German corps pirate the software too?
I write software that is used primarily by big corps and with US corps have little
problem with piracy (which is one big reason why I write software for some big
industries rather than some stuff that would get used by very small companies). I
wonder how it is in various European countries since we could eventually market
there. I don't want to go sell stuff there if the big corps will rip it off.

Schobi
(writing software to feed three kids)

Re:Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

Hi Colin:
We have 0 cracks since moved to hardkey (www.hardkey.com.ar), it's based in
hardware dongle (USB and LPT),
the toolkit it's great (they include examples in BCB, VB, MSVC, Clarion and
others), and you get support tools also.
Saludos
Sebastian
PD: Writing from Argentina where piracy has almost 70% of the market share.
"Colin B Maharaj" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Hi folks, is there any
1. Guidelines
2. AntiCracking Techniques
3. Reputable EXE encryptor

....that I can use to protect my EXE from some vultures that I am
hearing is trying to fill their pockets while emptying mine....son-of-a

Colin B Maharaj
Trinidad and Tobago, WI

PS: Sometimes it sucks being a Trini - Software piracy here is getting
out of hand, cause little old me will have to pay for some idiot who
thinks he/she is allowed to do what they want with software.

ARGH!!!

Re:Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

Hi Helmut:
We use emule for looking for cracked versions of our software and also we
look at discusion forums of software interchange.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Helmut Giese" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Hi Sebastian,
>We have 0 cracks since moved to hardkey (www.hardkey.com.ar), it's based
in
>hardware dongle (USB and LPT),
how do you know?

I ask, because we are considering switching to USB dongles, too.
For one question, though, nobody here has been able to find a
satisfying answer: How to find out if the dongles from a certain
supplier have been successfully attacked (that is: cracked).
- The supplier most probably wouldn't tell us - even if they knew.
- The people who cracked it wouldn't make it public - or would they?

I would appreciate any insight in this topic - plus on the related
topic on how to chose among the different suppliers.
Best regards
Helmut Giese

[...]

I know that dongles can be cracked, even from well known
companies. My friend used some of them for some mobile
phones software and they were cracked in Russia. If I
remembered well, some chemistry (?!) was involved.
Till then he started producing his own dongles, becase
he anyway works with hardware.
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:Anti Cracking or EXE Encryptor

That's we use a local companie, large companies have the same schema across
the world.
So once the dongle is cracked there is a know method on how to crack another
one from the same vendor.
And yes Russian and Indian programmers have my respect.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje