How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

2006-01-11 12:01:21 AM
cppbuilder46
Hi,
I was under the understanding that BCB2006 used FastMM if you created a VCL
application but today I find this isn't true. I've created a simple project
and inspected it and it contains the line:-
<property category="win32.*.win32b.ilink32" name="param.objfiles.3"
value="memmgr.lib"/>
When running the application with codeguard it references borlandmm.dll.
How do you change a C++ application to use fastmm?
Thanks
Simon

Re:How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

Simon Farmer wrote:
When running the application with codeguard it references
borlandmm.dll.

How do you change a C++ application to use fastmm?
I don't think you can. The VCL libraries use FastMM because they are
written in Delphi but I think (though I could be wrong) that the C++
linker still uses the old memory manager.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

"Simon Farmer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I was under the understanding that BCB2006 used FastMM if you created a
VCL application but today I find this isn't true. I've created a simple
project and inspected it and it contains the line:-

<property category="win32.*.win32b.ilink32" name="param.objfiles.3"
value="memmgr.lib"/>

When running the application with codeguard it references borlandmm.dll.
Fastmm should be used by default. Set breakpoints in "GETMEM.INC" which
contains the source, and see.
When you use codeguard, it seems to pull in borlndmm.dll. I believe that DLL
now contains fastmm also...
However, Fastmm leak tracking doesn't work directly with BDS2006. You'll
need to install the fastmm dlls from the fastmm distribution kit (NOT part
of BDS2006), and make sure "use dynamic RTL" is enabled.
- Roddy

{smallsort}

Re:How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

When running the application with codeguard it references borlandmm.dll.

How do you change a C++ application to use fastmm?

taken from a dump of borlandmm.dll
"FastMM Borland Edition ?2004, 2005 Pierre le Riche / Professional Software
Development"
So it seems borlandmm.dll is fastmm, which just got borlanded
/Palle

Re:How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

As I know borlandmm.dll= fastmm.dll now.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Simon Farmer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el
mensaje news:43c3d9c2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I was under the understanding that BCB2006 used FastMM if you created a
VCL application but today I find this isn't true. I've created a simple
project and inspected it and it contains the line:-

<property category="win32.*.win32b.ilink32" name="param.objfiles.3"
value="memmgr.lib"/>

When running the application with codeguard it references borlandmm.dll.

How do you change a C++ application to use fastmm?

Thanks

Simon

Re:How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

I tried to find with Dependency Walker "where" is FastMM,
but I also found references to borlndmm.dll.
This really must be cleared out by someone who knows the
whole story.
Can OLD projects use the NEW memory manager?
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:How do you used FastMM with BCB2006

Hi:
Check this articles at BDN:
The New Memory manager in BDS2006:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33416,00.html
Using the old Memory manager (Delphi 7) in BDS2006:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
Saludos
Sebastian
"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje