Quality Release

2006-10-02 05:45:42 PM
cppbuilder78
Hi!
I've been away for some months from this forum. Sorry for repeating on and
on, but all i'm seeing in here is error messages, reports about crashes and
on and on.
Seems BCB2006 is pretty much useless for a professional developer. So what
was it about this quality release? Are you TeamB guys still pretending this
was a quality release?
Cheers,
Gunnar

Re:Quality Release

Oh no, not again. We really missed your inspiring comments.
Did you ever consider that someone without problems wouldn't have much reason to
write a message here?
In the company I work at, we've been using BDS2006 for several months now,
converted all our projects and besides some minor flaws BDS works great for us.
It's an efficient tool to do our work. It's not perfect - but which software is?
I'm curious - do you get paid to spice up the mood here?
Would you please "go away" for some more months? I don't think anyone would miss
you very much...
Regards
Eike
Gunnar Beushausen wrote:
Hi!

I've been away for some months from this forum. Sorry for repeating on and
on, but all i'm seeing in here is error messages, reports about crashes and
on and on.

Seems BCB2006 is pretty much useless for a professional developer. So what
was it about this quality release? Are you TeamB guys still pretending this
was a quality release?

Cheers,

Gunnar

Re:Quality Release

I've been away for some months from this forum. Sorry for repeating on and
on, but all i'm seeing in here is error messages, reports about crashes and
on and on.
Find a product that is used by thousands of people that nobody says it
crashes on them.
It actually runs pretty well with SP2 + the hotfixes. DelphiSpeedup,
a freeware addon helps too.

{smallsort}

Re:Quality Release

Gunnar Beushausen < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Hi!

I've been away for some months from this forum. Sorry for repeating
on and on, but all i'm seeing in here is error messages, reports
about crashes and on and on.
People do not typically get online to report when things work well.
Usually you'll only see posts by people having problems.
Seems BCB2006 is pretty much useless for a professional developer.
Based on your gut feeling after reading some posts?
So what was it about this quality release? Are you TeamB guys still
pretending this was a quality release?
This is an invalid question on the grounds that it is trying to sneak
in your premise (that TeamB is or ever has pretended anyting) as if it
were fact. If one were to answer the question either positively or
negatively it would only be possible if we accept your premise that
TeamB has pretended anything, which I reject. You might benefit from
reviewing your class notes on logical fallacies, as this is a classic
"complex question."
You might also consider not lumping us all together as a single unit,
because we all operate independently and your statement is offensive.
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Quality Release

Seems Visual Studio is pretty much useless for a professional developer.
Forgive my plagiarism,
- Clayton

Re:Quality Release

"Gunnar Beushausen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've been away for some months from this forum. Sorry for repeating
on and on, but all i'm seeing in here is error messages, reports about
crashes and on and on.
You have to keep in mind that these are SUPPORT newsgroups. The majority of
postings that appear in here are going to be reporting problems. Those
people who aren't reporting problems either do not know these groups exist,
or are not having problems to begin with. There is a much larger group of
users who are using BDS just fine compared to a smaller group that are
having problems with it.
Seems BCB2006 is pretty much useless for a professional developer.
I disagree. I have seen many people reporting that they have migrated
existing projects to BDS and they are working just fine.
Gambit

Re:Quality Release

I beg to differ, there is a service pack 1 beta out for Visual Studio 2005
now.
But even without the service pack, I haven't really come across any problems
with it, and certainly not any "show-stoppers".
- Nate.
"Clayton Arends" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've been away for some months from the Visual Studio forums. I recently
went back and all I saw in there was error messages, reports about crashes
and on and on.

Seems Visual Studio is pretty much useless for a professional developer.
--

Forgive my plagiarism,

- Clayton

Re:Quality Release

I missed the sarcasm. My apologies :)
- Nate.
"Clayton Arends" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've been away for some months from the Visual Studio forums. I recently
went back and all I saw in there was error messages, reports about crashes
and on and on.

Seems Visual Studio is pretty much useless for a professional developer.
--

Forgive my plagiarism,

- Clayton

Re:Quality Release