Can anybody tell me some IDE which can run under Windows XP, compile DOS application, with auto complete !!!

2005-04-15 03:43:02 PM
cppbuilder114
Can anybody tell me some IDE which can run under Windows XP, compile DOS
application, with auto complete !!!
Thanks Ivan Denchev

Re:Can anybody tell me some IDE which can run under Windows XP, compile DOS application, with auto complete !!!

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:43:02 +0300, LongJohn < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Can anybody tell me some IDE which can run under Windows XP, compile DOS
application, with auto complete !!!
Well, CBX offers auto-completion as well as the ability to integrate
different compilers and linkers, and the commandline tools in Borland
C++ 5.02 and older Borland products will runt in XP and can be used to
build DOS apps, so if you install one in CBX you should have what you
want. AFAIK, however, Borland is no longer selling CBX, so you may
have to find an alternate source to buy it, and you will need at least
version 1.5 for auto-completion.
Eclipse with CDT also supports multiple toolsets and offers
auto-completion, but it may be more difficult to integrate the older
Borland compilers into that environment.
Also note that I think none of these options will allow you to debug a
DOS app in the IDE.
- Leo

wrote:

>Can anybody tell me some IDE which can run under Windows XP, compile DOS
>application, with auto complete !!!

Well, CBX offers auto-completion as well as the ability to integrate
different compilers and linkers, and the commandline tools in Borland
C++ 5.02 and older Borland products will runt in XP and can be used to
build DOS apps, so if you install one in CBX you should have what you
want. AFAIK, however, Borland is no longer selling CBX, so you may
have to find an alternate source to buy it, and you will need at least
version 1.5 for auto-completion.

Eclipse with CDT also supports multiple toolsets and offers
auto-completion, but it may be more difficult to integrate the older
Borland compilers into that environment.

Also note that I think none of these options will allow you to debug a
DOS app in the IDE.

- Leo
Thanks a lot of help I will try it and hope it to work properly ;)
- Ivan

{smallsort}